GPC FALL 2012 - Page 36Register Today!
- Jul 26, '12 by lovleemeIt was alot of information! It sure does feel real now! She told us our first test is Sept 4th and it is over chapters: 1, 17, 21, 27, pg. 198-210, pg. 222-228, pg. 55-59 & pg. 1521-1538 in the Fundamentals book!
One lady also said that if you have financial aid that you have to buy books through the bookstore, and I am not sure what she meant by that. (I have been trying to order my books online here & there...one at a time when I have the money). I got her name & email address and I am going to email her to ask what she means by that. I am new to this school and not too sure how things are done and they really dont communicate things to new students very well.
- Jul 26, '12 by watashithanks. I had heard that about books from someone else last year. They will not just release to you a cash book allowance - it seemed to go from the gpc bookstore straight through to her financial aid account. she could not even get reimbursed by showing receipts. It sounded like such a scam! I would think buying them used and paying your self would be the way to go if you van possibly afford it.
- Jul 26, '12 by lovleemeThank you for that information!
- Jul 26, '12 by BlaquechinadollQuote from lovleemeI think she meant that if you are using financial aid, then the bookstore is where you would go, normally. I usually rent/ buy my books on line & reimburse myself when the refunds come in. Also, I will resell bought books thru half.com to pay for books the next semester. Last fall, I made over $300 reselling my books.Thank you for that information!
- Jul 26, '12 by LuwaHey guys orientation was good, however, i missed the first 10mins, did they say anything concerning the Ipads.
- Jul 26, '12 by Cobalt027Hello everyone,
I was at the nursing orientation today. Just joined the site for this thread specificly. That was a good overview of the program. Does anyone have a website where we are supposed to order the uniforms through? I moved the other week and can't find anything from when I got the acceptance letter. Was going to see what I can get rolling myself, since my FAFSA seems to be taking forever to clear, much less be processed.
Also, anyone find that video about the SimMan dummies to be creepy?
- Jul 26, '12 by watashithe uniforms come from meridys GPC7382
- Jul 27, '12 by mangopeachYou can usually find uniforms in the Bookstore . (Clarkston)
That's where I got mine. I just graduated in May.
Good luck to you all!
- Jul 27, '12 by lovleeme@mangopeach...Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, how many people did you start out with and how many ended up completing the nursing program/graduating with you?
What study materials are you planning to use to study for the NCLEX? Good luck on that monster of a test and keep us posted!
- Jul 27, '12 by BlaquechinadollHello all:
If you are into renting books, I rented 8 of the 10 books we needed (or were suggested) via Campus Book Rentals. I also used the promo code (giving10) and saved an extra 10%. Overall, with taxes (shipping can be free & insurance is optional), I spent $203. They will send you a free return package thru the USPS. I used them this summer semester and was very pleased. I will probably get the other books digitally.
I also suggest checking local thrift stores for other reference materials. I bought an NCLEX study guide and my A&P book for $10.