Chattahoochee Technical College Spring 2013 - Page 14Register Today!
- Quote from lnicole35I stand corrected! Guess I should have kept reading lol!Yes, I applied to CTC's ADN program but didn't make the cut for TEAS as they cut off at 84.4 if I remember correctly. However, this coming year they will be going by an entirely different admissions process. A much better one in my opinion. I thought about waiting as well but since they are only taking apps in the Fall of next year I didn't want to wait that long on the "chance" I may be accepted and would rather get started sooner than later. The time difference wouldn't be much different.
- Quote from dje5418That's a good GPA! Minimum is 3.25 and you are way above that!!Thanks! I took Linda Ferrick for Nutrition. My GPA is not so good. I got a couple of B's and its at 3.66 right now.
- Quote from CallieNMYes, thanks to Lisa....I read Chapter 1 last night and I am going to take the self assessment that she has posted on Angel. I will read Chapter 2 today and I need to get me some index cards so I can make flashcards instead of re-writing the book, lol!well... I started making my flash cards! I've read up to chapter 2. Did you go on angel yet? She has all the class stuff posted already!! Seems like this is going to be an awesome class!
Erica- I wish you were applying for our program! We would all make a great team! Maybe we should petition to give her an extra seat! Lol! You have all kinds of sources up your sleeve!
-Callie, I wish I could be in the program with you guys as well, I would love to know that I am going through this program with a group of motivated and determined women! I will continue to give you all resources and hope that I find that same type of people when I am in the program
- As promised ladies,
Here are some reference materials that you should consider for your first semester of the nursing program. In January you all will be taking Pharmacology/Dosage Calc and Fundamentals of Nursing. I would say to get these materials by October-Nov and start learning your meds....Lisa, you got this. Make sure you all get the most recent NCLEX-PN book because it will help you understand the material throughout the program. Okay, below is my list: Go to amazon.com and just copy and paste the books from the list and put them in your shopping cart until you are ready!!!!
1.Mosby's Pharmacology Memory NoteCards: Visual, Mnemonic, and Memory Aids for Nurses, 3e [Spiral-bound]
joAnn Zerwekh MSN EdD RN (Author), Jo Carol Claborn MS RN (Author), Tom Gaglione MSN RN (Author)
2.Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (Non-thumb-indexed Version) (Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (Non-Indexed Version)) 21st Edition [Hardcover]
Donald Venes (Editor)
Kaplan NCLEX-PN 2012-2013 Strategies, Practice, and Review (Kaplan Nclex-Pn Exam)
by Kaplan (Paperback)
4. Nursing Pharmacology Made Incredibly Easy (Incredibly Easy! Series) [Paperback]
- Aug 20, '12 by lnicole35Whoohoo again! Thanks Erica and can I just say I am so excited that I bought that Tabor's medical medical dictionary a few yrs ago in the bookstore. Bought it out of my eagerness and glad to know it will actually be useful in classes! It's been collecting dust.Hopefully we will be able to return the favors to you as well.
- No problem! Yes that dictionary is a requirement! My friend said those Pharm flash cards were a life saver and everyone in her class wanted to know where she got them from....Is this everyone's last Pre-Req or are you all taking other classes this semester too?
- Aug 20, '12 by lnicole35Yes, It's my last pre-req.
- I read Chp. 1 and went over her slides for Chp.1, I will try to take that chapter quiz later...I tried to watch those videos she has posted for our homework, but that man is so dry and boring! This semester is going to go by fast, she is keeping us busy!
- Quote from LPN-soon2beLast prerequisite for me too.No problem! Yes that dictionary is a requirement! My friend said those Pharm flash cards were a life saver and everyone in her class wanted to know where she got them from....Is this everyone's last Pre-Req or are you all taking other classes this semester too?
The dictionary is it just a medical dictionary? I have a med dictionary from mosby. I hope I don't have to purchase a hole new one!
- Yes, it is a medical dictionary! It was a required book at my friend's school, Columbus Tech. I am not sure about Chatt. Your Mosby should be just fine!Last edit by LPN-soon2be on Aug 20, '12 : Reason: left out info....