Is Chattahoochee Tech ADN accredited??Register Today!
This is a discussion on Is Chattahoochee Tech ADN accredited?? in Georgia State Nursing Programs, part of Georgia Nursing ... :) Hey, I am enrolled to start taking my pre-requisites at CTC for ADN( associates degree in...by abentley Aug 27, '10Hey, I am enrolled to start taking my pre-requisites at CTC for ADN( associates degree in Nursing). I am worried that they are not accredited. I looked on the school website and could not find anything about the nursing part. I also looked them up on a state website and could not find their name. If anyone can help me with
this I would greatly appreciate it.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=500786©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 6,775 Views
- Aug 27, '10 by MoogieThe best thing to do is to check on the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission website. The NLNAC accredits ADN, diploma, and practical/vocational nursing programs. It also accredits some BSN and master's programs but usually those programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Here are a couple of links for you:
Is this a new program that recently opened? If so, it may not be eligible for accreditation yet. If it isn't a new program, I would ask a few questions before you commit, like why the school isn't accredited or if it was accredited in the past.
This might be more information than you wanted but I sure hope it helps!
- Aug 28, '10 by Clmoore79I was told they would be receiving accrediation Jan. 2011. They first group/class started in 2010. It was all dependent upon test scores...I think. I went to an info session last fall. That was they were telling the attendees. HTH
- Sep 21, '10 by awarner16Has anyone applied for the 2011 program? I submitted my application and am now waiting....
- Sep 27, '10 by kcaliI am waiting for a response as well for the 2011 program. Do you know if they are going to be mailing out acceptance/denial letters? Do you mind if I ask what your teas scores were.. I only got a 77, but I have a high gpa. I am pretty sure that I will be taking that test again and re applying next year.
- Sep 27, '10 by awarner16hey girl! Honestly you never know. I didn't get the what I wanted either! It just depends on what everyone else has. I wouldn't worry about it until the letter comes....at least thats what I'm trying to tell myself!!
- Sep 27, '10 by awarner16Oh and I don't know how...I just know letters will be coming mid to late october!
- Oct 2, '10 by jen7393I REALLY wish they would hurry and get the letters out!!! I went through "the waiting" for myself a few years ago and now I am going through it again for my hubby!!! Good luck to everyone!!!
- Oct 13, '10 by missmercy86I just recieved my acceptance letter for the ADN program at Chattahoochee Technical College today! I am so excited. Just to let others know my GPA was a 3.3 and I got a 94 on the TEAS test. Any questions let me know!
- Oct 13, '10 by awarner16hey girl!! i'm still waiting for mine!
Was it a letter or a package that came? because I know some schools send a UPS package!