Chattahoochee TechRegister Today!
- by GaMBA May 15, '08Anyone go there for their prereqs? I'd love any advice/info you have on professors, classes, student support, financial aid, etc.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=303488©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 24,525 Views
- May 18, '08 by RwanRN2bI went here for my pre-wrecks last year, specifically for AP1, 2 n Micro - there is only one teacher who teaches Micro and he is the BEST..he knows his stuff inside out, very interesting and does not put you to sleep, for AP1 n 2 I did not have the best teacher and now am having a hard time in Nsg-school since AP is really your foundation.
- May 18, '08 by yellow finchBoth of the B instructors taught all my pre-reqs at Chat Tech. Unfortunately, the one went into administration and no longer teaches. She was my instructor for every single course.
Can't say much for the students since you never know what you'll run into.
You pretty much have to study for every exam... it's definitely NOT easy to blow off the studying. They hold high standards.
Financial aid is hardly necessary. When I went I paid by check... something like $150 per course and that was only 4-5 years back. Hmmmm... come to think about it... that was a while back. Time flies...
Good luck!Last edit by jb2u on May 31, '08 : Reason: Removed professor's name
- May 19, '08 by RwanRN2bQuote from GaMBAIt costs around $250 a class, and also they will be having an Associate in Nursing program as of Jan 2009, it that interests you.Anyone go there for their prereqs? I'd love any advice/info you have on professors, classes, student support, financial aid, etc.
Best of luck.
- May 19, '08 by PreRN KatieQuote from RwanRN2bThey're really putting in an ADN program?!?!?! That's fantastic!!! I live super-close and it would be great if I could add another school to my list of places to apply to. Do you know when they start accepting applications? Thank you so much for the info!:bowingpurIt costs around $250 a class, and also they will be having an Associate in Nursing program as of Jan 2009, it that interests you.
Best of luck.
- May 21, '08 by GaMBAI turned in my application on Monday, glad to have finally made that first step :-) I talked to the Fin Aid lady and she said I should be able to get the Hope Grant. Anyone know about this? I applied for it online today. It covers tuition and gives a $100 book allowance. I know classes at Chat Tech don't cost much but to me every little bit of financial help counts! That's too bad about the A&P classes not preparing you well for nursing school. I have to admit, that worries me. Hopefully even if I do get a horrible professor, maybe reading the book alone will do a lot to help with understanding everything. That and the library..and maybe a study group :-) How is the class format? Is it a lecture 2x a week with a lab following each class? Or do you just go to lab 1x a week?
- May 28, '08 by JenRN30Hi! I also went to Chatt Tech for my prereq's. Dr. B is wonderful. He teaches chemistry and micro. He doesn't use the book at all. You just need to take really good notes from his lectures. No reading!! I also had a really great professor, Dr. S, for both A&P 1 and 2. Unfortunately he left last fall. The school structures its classes either 2 days a week, MW or TTH in 3.5 hour blocks, or all day Fri or Sat. So you might go on Mon and Wed from 8 am - 11:30 am, or Sat from 8 am - 4 pm. The labs are included in class, and they usually use the last hour of class for labs. Hope this helps! When I first started going to Chatt Tech, I thought it was pretty ghetto. But looking back, I had some really great teachers and a lot of nice people in my prereqs. Good luck to you!!!Last edit by jb2u on May 31, '08 : Reason: Removed professor's name
- May 29, '08 by GaMBAHi Jennie and thanks for responding. Are there any professors you know of that I should avoid?? :-) Best of luck in nursing school! Which one do you attend, is it here in Atlanta?
- May 31, '08 by JenRN30Well, I would try to stay away from Dr. K if you can. She's really nice, and means well, but her lectures are painfully boring and test questions are really hard. She presents the material in a way that is really hard to understand. She curves the tests a lot, which helped me out. I got 108% in her class, but if she hadn't curved then I would've gotten an 80%. I ended up teaching myself from the book mostly. She's the only one that I had who I probably wouldn't take again. And yes, I go to Georgia State now. I'm beginning the accelerated program in August. Thanks a lot for the luck, I'm gonna need it! Good luck to you as well, and let me know if you have any more questions about Chatt Tech or anything else!!Last edit by jb2u on May 31, '08 : Reason: Removed professor's name
- May 31, '08 by jb2ureminder
according to the terms of service for allnurses, please do not give out personal information about others. do not name names where anyone could identify the person in any facility including your nursing programs
from the terms of service...
no potentially libelous information about specific schools, instructors, or health care facilities/entities should be posted in these forums. while it is important to be able to network, everyone should be mindful of the following:
1. it is a small world - when we narrow it down to a state and throw in some personal info, there is actually a pretty good chance someone may recognize you if you are not careful. your privacy is paramount to us.
2. while allnurses.com is a wonderful place to vent (without excess personally identifiable details) it is not the place to express why ("x" specific person, place or program) is terrible. gripe away, but since we cannot permit allegations to be made about named entities, your care in not naming them is very much appreciated.
3. please do not give out personal information about others. do not name names where anyone could identify the person in any facility including your nursing programs.
just as many of you have opted to have a username so that you may not be identified, we ask that you give your professors the same privacy. i appreciate everyone's cooperation.
jay, assistant admin