Chamberlain BSN program opening in Atlanta???Register Today!
This is a discussion on Chamberlain BSN program opening in Atlanta??? in Georgia State Nursing Programs, part of Georgia Nursing ... I went on the Georgia Board of Nursing Website to look again at the list of schools and what...by jennys77 Oct 25, '11I went on the Georgia Board of Nursing Website to look again at the list of schools and what programs they offer. I see that Chamberlain has been added. I live in IL currently, moving to Atlanta in the spring/summer of 2012 and hopefully starting a BSN program in the fall of 2012. Chamberlain is one of the more popular schools in my area, so I am familiar with them. I would say 1/3 of my pre-req classmates are applying to the Chamberlain near me.
Anyone have any info on when they will start enrolling for the new Atlanta campus? Maybe there are some creditable rumors out there. I see that they are hiring from looking at the job listings on their website, so can't be too long??? The address puts it right by Northside and St. Joseph's Hospital.
Georgia Board school directory: http://sos.georgia.gov/PLB/RN/RN%20S...0Directory.pdf
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=633261©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 4,812 Views
- Oct 26, '11 by IslandRaeWow...I'm from the Chicago area and have a couple of friends in the program up there. I think it would be great if they open up a campus out here. If I don't get in to Kennesaw this spring, I will definitely apply to Chamberlain.
- Oct 26, '11 by lala07YAY!!! another BSN program in the area. This really makes me feel better. Since it's so hard getting into the few we have here in this area. I'm just need to do some research on the program......and it may be on my list of ones to apply to.
I'm so excited.
- Oct 27, '11 by jennys77I agree, not a lot of programs in the Atlanta area (that you could realistically comute to since it's so spread out). Charmberlain will be the closest to me, so if I don't get into GBCN and Chamberlain is accepting apps, I would probably go there. GSU requires a chem class that I don't have, and GPC is only an ADN.
Hopefully this additional Chamberlain option pans out. and if they have a good transfer policy and accept all transfer credits other than actual nursing courses, that would make them really competitive with GBCN by both tuition and timeline.
- Feb 29, '12 by phrozenoneHas anyone heard anything about this program? I noticed the program listed on the GA Board of Nursing as a new program. I am scheduled to go take a look at the campus on Wednesday to see what its all about.
- Mar 7, '12 by renge1classes starting april 30, 2012
they have a bsn 3yrs===starting from stratch
and they have lpn/rn bridge
go to the website....info is listed
- Mar 8, '12 by phrozenoneHello all!!! I attended an information session for Chamberlain here in Atlanta. I must say, the facility is VERY IMPRESSIVE. It is an accelerated 3 year BSN program, 2.7 GPA is required. I'm considering, BUT my only concern is the cost....$70,000 total for the program.
- Mar 8, '12 by jonesgeoHi phrozenone
Did they tell you anything about the application process? How many students are they accepting for the next term? I agree these private schools have made getting an education very expensive.
- Mar 8, '12 by phrozenonehey there,
They are currently accepting students for the April 30th class. They accept students 3 times a year. I was looking to apply for the September class. As far as how many, they did not mention and at this point, since they're new to Atlanta, they probably don't have a set number yet. The application fee is $95.00 which includes the cost of the entrance test (HESI), and you can take it as many times as you like. On a good note, if you do have any transfer credit, that can bring down the cost of tuition as well as shorten the time for you to complete the program. THAT'S the only thing that got me considering.
- Mar 8, '12 by jonesgeoHESI, these schools really drive me crazy with all these different test that you have to take that is pretty much are all the same just to get into a program.