West Georgia Tech ASN program
- 0Apr 3, '13 by natalieb44Has anyone applied to west ga tech ASN program? I applied to the newnan campus for summer 2013. Does anyone know what an average gpa/teas score or competitive selection score is for those that were accepted to any of their campuses?
- 0Apr 6, '13 by mytwoboysmomnatalieb44, I have been wondering the same thing. I plan on taking the TEAS this month, but I can't really find anything about how well people who have been accepted, or who are applying are doing on it. If you don't mind me asking what did you make? I keep hearing how hard it is and frankly I am terrified.
- 0Apr 6, '13 by natalieb44Unfortunately I had to take it on short notice and I was sick, so I only made a 81. But I scored well above average on each section and made a 87.9 on science. I've been out of school for a while so other than science I haven't had most of those subjects in well over 7 years. I recommend getting the study books and doing practice tests. Warning though.....the practice ati online tests are MUCH harder than the real thing
- 0I haven't heard anything from them. I did call two weeks ago to confirm receipt of my app and they said to expect a letter two weeks after the deadline that would have our competitive selection score. She said she wouldn't expect to get an acceptance/reject letter until the end of April. She also told me that the first summer semester would be at the Lagrange campus because the new newnan campus won't be open until August.
Do you mind sharing your stats?
Mine are A in both lecture and lab for A&P 1&2. I had a C in college algebra (bad online class, a B in English 1102, and I have AP credit for Psych 1101. I got an 81 on the TEAS and scored above the national average on each section. I don't get any preference points.
- 0I have As in 6 required course and B in math. TEAS 74,and 3 points for preference. I score math, science, and english above national average except reading. I estimate my score would be GPA 34.2 + TEAS ( 60%) 44.4+ preference points 3= 81.6. Thank you for your informations. Let me know when you hear something. I will let you know too. Do you think they require english 1102? I though it was 1101 only for ASN. Anyway, the hard part is waiting.
- 0I have As in 6 required course and B in math. TEAS 74,and 3 points for preference. I score math, science, and english above national average except reading. I estimate my score would be GPA 38.2 + TEAS ( 60%) 44.4+ preference points 3= 85.6. Thank you for your informations. Let me know when you hear something. I will let you know too. Do you think they require english 1102? I though it was 1101 only for ASN. Anyway, the hard part is waiting.
- 0I'm sorry, I meant English 1101. I've taken English 1102 but as far as I know they don't require it. I'm not sure how they will do preference points since I'm not sure how my ap class credit for psych will fit into my gpa. I'm anxious to know what the points are. The lady I talked to said they were going to accept 20 people with the highest points for the program. Which I don't understand why it will take two weeks after we get selection score to get a letter since it would simply be the top 20 scores. Oh well....
- 0Preference points, i mean bonus points for work experiences and finished some specific courses. Wow, they just accept 20 students? i wonder why they opened ASN program just to acccept 20 students? That makes no sense, unless they don't have enough clinical equipment to practice. Anyway, you have a very good TEAS, Natalie. You will get in. Have you tried apply to another schools? the reason i ask because you have very TEAS score. Have you tried apply some schools in the south of Georgia? It is very competive around atlanta areas since it is very high demand but low supply
- 0I applied to university of west georgia newnan campus and didn't get in. They just re did their admission system and don't include teas and you get preference for living in a certain county and a bunch of other things. We just moved to peachtree city in November due to a transfer with my husbands job so I can't really move. I plan on applying to clayton state and several others for spring if I don't get in to the tech program. I would certainly rather do a BSn, but I want to finish as soon as possible.