University of West GeorgiaRegister Today!
- by mytwoboysmom Jan 6I applied to the University of West Georgia, and will not hear anyting until April. I am looking for people who have also applied to UWG and are waiting to hear. I thought we could form a support group on here and hold each other up during this time of playing the waiting game!
- Jan 7 by vandeurnat2Yes! I applied back in November and have been patiently awaiting any news of the writing session and April 1st mail outs of acceptance letters.
- Jan 8 by mytwoboysmomHi, I am so happy that you responded, I was about to think I was the only one out there!
- Jan 14 by vandeurnat2No your not alone!
- Jan 24 by BeeCaring22Hello everyone I'm applying and I was wondering what my changes of getting in? I have completed everything but Statistics and Chem1&2 ...
- Jan 25 by tiahlee29Quote from mytwoboysmomYES!! I agree with the support group! I applied to UWG nursing program as well for this upcoming summer 2013 term. The writing session invites are supposed to be sent in mid February. I spoke with one of the advisors today, she told me that the writing session invites will be mailed per how long it will take for the BSN committee to go through the applications and see who is qualified and who is not. I am soooooooo nervous and I really want to go the UWG. It doesn't matter what campus I go to Newnan or Carrollton. I just want to get in!!!!I applied to the University of West Georgia, and will not hear anyting until April. I am looking for people who have also applied to UWG and are waiting to hear. I thought we could form a support group on here and hold each other up during this time of playing the waiting game!
- Jan 25 by tiahlee29UWG will sent invites in the mail. If no invite is sent, then that means the person did not qualify for the program. They say the writing session takes about a hour to a hour and a half.
- Jan 25 by vandeurnat2Thanks tiahlee29! So mid feb.... so excited! BeeCaring22, your chances of acceptance will depend on: your overall GPA on All attempted courses, completion of required courses, and CNA certification completion by the time you begin nursing classes. Your chances of consideration are based on 2.75 + GPA, completion of at least 36 semester hours, submission of your online survey through banweb. Extra points are awarded for those with a previous Bachelor degree, those who are LPNs, those in Coweta County applying to Newnan campus, &/or 15+ credits taken at UWG. As far as your chem 1&2 are concerned the reqs. state 3/5 science courses must be completed by the Feb 1 deadline.. im assuming you should complete the remaining 2/5 during spring semester. You probably want to discuss that with your nursing advisor. Your math reqs. must be completed. So if you've taken college algebra, quantitative skills or precalc they will fill that requirement. Stats is Highly recommended but not a must. I hope this helps. And if I've made any mistakes or anyone has additional info to add feel free to chime in
- Jan 27 by mytwoboysmomI think that stats is a requried math to get into the program. Also, I went to the pre-nursing "party" they had last week and she gave us some examples of what to expect for the writing session. The essay will be 5 paragraphs long, and could be any topic from "what was the most important event in you life and why?" to "Tell us how you feel about _______." As far as them making sure you are qualified to go to the writing session, they are looking at:
1. do you have 3/5 sciences compleated
2. do you have at least 36 credit hours compleated
3. have you taken or are signed up for the classes you required to start the nursing program.
They said that it never fails they always have people who appy who are not meet application requirements. They also said they don't know how many people they are admiting this year, it could be 100 to 120 with a 30 person waiting list.
I am taking my last few classes and getting CNA qualified. I feel like my whole body is on pins and needles waiting to find out if I have gotten in.
sorry for any spelling mistakes, my cat keeps walking across my key board
GOOD LUCK TO US ALL!