1. The tech/pt ratio depends on the unit you are working on. But generally, you may have as many as 15 pts.
2. I am not a tech. I am now an RN at Piedmont and was never required to work as a tech while I was still in school. That is a new requirement. The scholarship
you have is quite different from the Piedmont Scholarship I had.
3. The nurses there are very friendly and helpful.
4. Yes, I was a given a choice of where I wanted to do my leadership practicum; however there is no gurantee that a position will be available on that unit by the time you graduate. 5. There was not a position avail for the dept I did my practicum on therefore I was hired for a different dept following graduation.
6. It is likely that while you are in school you will be working days or wknds. Nights is only a good idea on wknds during school.
I hope this helps. Congrats on getting the scholarship! I'm sure I'll eventually see you around Piedmont sometime.