Nice and safe place to live in Warner Robins?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Nice and safe place to live in Warner Robins? in Georgia Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hello everyone. I'm in the USAF and will be finishing my FNP degree this August and will stationed...by FNPdude74 Jul 15, '11Hello everyone. I'm in the USAF and will be finishing my FNP degree this August and will stationed in Robins Air Force Base in Georgia. Can anyone fill me in on a nice and safe place to live? I plan to rent. I'm originally from Honolulu, Hawaii. I don't want to live too far away from the AFB. I want to find a place that has low crime as well.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=591289©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,972 Views
- Jul 15, '11 by NurseEueleI'm kind of new to the area too, my husband is USAF. We found a great little neighborhood on the Southwest side of town. Even though the base is on the east side, I would advise looking more towards the west side. The east side seems to be a little more run down and we have heard of several thefts that have taken place in grocery store parking lots on that side of town. The Southwest side is a newer area, not as developed, and has great ratings as far as safety goes.
- Jul 23, '11 by mcurtis111I'm from that area and my dad's a lieutenant. NurseEuele is right, the west side is a nicer area. My dad likes the houses off of Moody Rd. Which is like 5 or 10 mins away from the base. That way he doesn't have to deal with traffic that much too and from work. They have nice subdivisions there and the schools are great if you have kids.
- Jul 29, '11 by dhellwegeI grew up in warner robins. and live here now. I lived and worked in birmingham, al for 5 years and i can tell you no place in warner robins is as dangerous as birmingham is. but what i can say is STAY AWAY FROM MACON. i have lived off of moody road close to 96 and have never ever had a problem and have been here for 21 yrs. I go running at night, dont lock my car, i do carry a gun but that was because i moved to birmingham and the city scared me. so dont live in the N or E simply because its closer to macon. and as far as proximity goes i get to work in 7 mins and the hospital is kinda across town from me so you can kinda live anywhere in town and be close to everything.
but seriously hit me up and i can tell you everything about this town.
- Aug 10, '11 by Iridescent OrchidI've lived in Warner Robins my entire life. Crime happen in any city or state, but Macon has a pretty high crime rate for the area. We're right beside it. Behind the Houston Medical Center is a really nice neighborhood, as far as no robberies, drugs, etc. and it's also only about 3 miles away from the AFB. My boyfriend has lived there for about 6 years and no problems. A lot of elderly people reside in that area, so it's pretty laid back. Anywhere around Moody is a good choice of community as well. All in all, most places in Warner Robins is safe. Just always be cautious like you should be any place you reside/travel. Macon is the place to be worried about.
- Aug 12, '11 by Donna2011I am also in WR, and my husband is ADAF. We live off of Feagan Mill and Lake Joy. It's a nice area. The schools are good. My daughter is in 2nd grade, and we love her school and she has had amazing teachers! Avoid Green St, or any area by Northside High. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. I had NOO idea that so many of us WR girls were on here!
- Aug 12, '11 by Iridescent OrchidQuote from Donna2011Yeah, that's one place I'd say to try to stay your distance from. I went to NHS, it's the area that's bad ( I don't find the school too great either, but that's a different story. ) -- I remember being a freshmen and they put the school on lock down because a shooting happened in the neighborhood. It's pretty much that side you will be more safe staying away from. Not trying to scare by any means, but it's always best to know where to not spend some of your time! LOL, thanks for bringing up Green Street Donna! Since I don't attend school there and haven't for many years, I kind of blocked that side of town out.Avoid Green St, or any area by Northside High. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. I had NOO idea that so many of us WR girls were on here!
-- I didn't know it either! Good luck Warner Robins girls!
- Aug 12, '11 by Donna2011What year did you graduate? I graduated from NHS in 98.
- Aug 12, '11 by Iridescent OrchidQuote from Donna2011Awesome! I graduated back in 2008!What year did you graduate? I graduated from NHS in 98.
- Aug 12, '11 by FNPdude74Quote from Donna2011Thanks for the advice! I'll stay away from Green street or Northside high. btw, I'm not a girl, I'm a boy. Or 25 yo man in correct terms at this age.I am also in WR, and my husband is ADAF. We live off of Feagan Mill and Lake Joy. It's a nice area. The schools are good. My daughter is in 2nd grade, and we love her school and she has had amazing teachers! Avoid Green St, or any area by Northside High. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask. I had NOO idea that so many of us WR girls were on here!