Moving to GA From NE FLA; Information and Advise Appreciated.Register Today!
This is a discussion on Moving to GA From NE FLA; Information and Advise Appreciated. in Georgia Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... Hi all! I am an RN with 2 years experience in the ICU and ER. I will be moving from the NE Florida...by ATIGA Nov 14, '12Hi all! I am an RN with 2 years experience in the ICU and ER. I will be moving from the NE Florida area to the Valdosta/Adel area in the next few months and will be looking for job opportunities. A couple things I am looking for information on is: 1) what is the average starting hourly pay/salary for RN's with my experience; 2) anyone else who has transferred their license here run in to any snags concerning getting endorsed in GA? Any advise and/or information beyond this will be much appreciated.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=797486©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,425 Views
- Nov 14, '12 by Marshall1Adel/Valdosta are in Ga aren't they?
The Florida BON was not a problem to get a endorsement for but this was in 1991 so I don't know what requirements are but you can go to their web site and check.
You will better your chances at getting a job in Fl. if you are already licensed there. The pay is the same as Ga. w/a few variances I'm sure (harder to fill jobs, etc) but overall, its the same. The taxes are different but not enough to really comment on.
- Nov 16, '12 by GoosbyLPNGa BON...where to start they are difficult to deal with...they want u to have the same amount of hours of education they require in Ga regardless of ur exp...exp comes in if ur short of theory or clinical hours...the analyst told me 3 yrs with substitute for hours short...Good luck
- Nov 16, '12 by GoosbyLPNmu mom graduated 27 yrs ago and they required her to use her exp because she was lacking hours
- Nov 24, '12 by girlygirlk8eI had no snags about getting my license endorsed by the GA BON. Literally I mailed my packet on Friday (used delivery confirmation, and it arrived on Monday which was a holiday) then I got an email that same week on Thursday night saying my license by endorsement was approved. I couldn't believe it didn't take forever! However, I did just graduate from a BSN program in TN this past May, and have had no work experience. Which is why I was moving to GA after being offered a position for a residency. I'm not sure if that could be why it went quickly, and I did have all of my paperwork completed along with the background check/fingerprinting sent out on the same day too. Good luck!
- Dec 19, '12 by ATIGAMarshall1, Thanks for the reply but I am moving from Florida to Georgia. I plan on keeping my RN license in Florida current so shouldn't have any problems when/if I decide to return.
GoosbyLPN, shouldn't be a problem. Im pretty sure Florida requirements in those areas are equivalent to GA. Thanks for the heads up though!
Girlygirlk8e, that's a relief to know. Hopefully mine will go smoothly as well.Last edit by ATIGA on Dec 19, '12
- Feb 11 by ATIGAUpdate: Mailed my packet on 1/16/2013. It was received on the 18th and I was endorsed on the 28th. Never received an e-mail, not even in my junk mail. I checked the GA BON site every few days and it finally showed up. I have an interview with Colquitt RMC next week.
- Feb 12 by lauramoranI live in Albany, GA. I know a lot of people travel from that area here to work for Phoebe. I don't know why since they were ranked #6 worst in the nation.
- Feb 12 by ATIGAI'm sorry lauramoran, but I'm afraid I don't know "what" or "who" Phoebe is.