Mercer, Kennesaw accelerated or GPC?? Advices please???Register Today!
- by Brazilian nurse Apr 16, '12So I got accepted at Mercer, Kennesaw accelerated program and GPC. Now I need to decide where I'm going in the fall. I know this is a great problem to have as I know so many people are still waiting the good news that they got accepted somewhere.
Here is my situation:
Mercer: BSN, 2 years, convenient location (15 minutes from my house), expensive.
GPC: ADN, 2 years, convenient location (15 minutes from my house), affordable.
Kennesaw accelerated: BSN, 18 months, far away (40 minutes from my house), affordable.
I also have a 10 month old baby and I want to spend as much time with him as possible during nursing school. He is going to daycare once I start the program, but I mean on the weekends etc I'd like to spend quality time with him.
Thank you in advance!!!!!
- Apr 17, '12 by ummnasimCongratulations on being accepted first off! I am a prenursing student in Atlanta and God willing, I want to be announcing my acceptance somewhere next year. All three schools are good so you have a tough choice. I also have a 11 month old and like you I want to be able to give him my time while in school. With that said, I would look into the school that fits your home life. You have to asked yourself how your finances are and what school will allow some flexibility in your schedule. I know for me I will have to work and I want to be able to be close in case an emergency comes up. I can't really tell you where to go since I am still deciding where to apply but I can you my top choices:GPC (heard they work with your schedule)Mercer GSU (I wish!)I hope this helps a little Keep us posted on what you decide!
- Apr 17, '12 by Medic2RNMoved to GA Nursing Programs forum for more of a response.
- Apr 17, '12 by Brazilian nurseThanks ummnasim! My mom says the same thing about the importance of being close in case of an emergency.. So that would narrow down to Mercer and GPC... I've been reading that GPC is just as hard as a bachelors program.. doesn't make sense to me, but that's what I'm reading on this website.. Anyway.. need to make a decision soon as the deadline is approaching..
- Dec 11 by aschammaCongratulations!!! Which school did you decide? Also, what was your GPA when you applied to those schools? And your TEAS scores?
I am at KSU right now, and I am applying for Fall 2014... I am applying to KSU, Mercer, Ga Southern, and Armstrong.