Kennesaw State BSN Fall 2012
- 0Oct 7, '11 by IslandRaeHello,
is there anyone out there that has applied for KSU's BSN program for Fall 2012? I know it is really early and the deadline isn't until Jan. 31, 2012, but just wanted to see if anyone will be playing the waiting game with me this early. I actually applied for the Spring 2012, but got wait-listed. I hope I get in, but the reality is that everyone I've heard of that was in my same situation didn't get in. I'll just give KSU one more try.
- 0Oct 7, '11 by karamarie91Well, I've started the application process for Fall 2012. I am waiting to get my transcript evaluated. After that, I will send in my TEAS Score and then send in my final transcipt at the end of this semester. I'll play the waiting game with you. It's nice not to worry about all of this alone. I was actually told a couple minutes ago, from the receptionist(I always forgot her name) that there is no wait list So it's wierd that you're telling me you got waitlisted. How was the interview? That's the part I am most concerned about.
But if you got to get to the interview part this time, then if you don't get in for Spring, then maybe you can try again and do better on the interview if you don't think you did well. I wish you well.
- 0Oct 12, '11 by IslandRaeHi Karamarie91,
I guess I should not have used the term "waitlisted". I am on "standby" and if a position opens up this semester, then I will get in. To KSU, the term "waitlist" gives the impression that an applicant will be rolled over to the next semester. Therefore, if I don't get in this semester, I have to go through the same process all over from the beginning.
The interview was okay, I got questions that no one else seemed to get. The only question that I got that others got was "What brought you to the decision to become a nurse?". My questions seemed harder, but I'm not sure if it was because I was interviewing for the accelerated program. My friends that I compared questions to were interviewing for the traditional program.
- 0Oct 12, '11 by karamarie91I think that question(about what brought you become a nurse) daunts me more than any other question. It's not like I don't know if I want to be a nurse. But there is so much to that seemingly simple question. Do you get what I'm saying? But I have many more months till I have to worry about it.
Did you attend the mock interview?
I was just accepted into KSU as a general transfer student. But I attend school in Lawrenceville. I'm waiting on KSU to tell me my gpa. I need to call them about it because it's not showing up in OWL.
- 0Oct 12, '11 by BrigitteBSo glad I'm not the only one wondering when I'll hear something about my application. I always start stressing about things early haha!
I applied last month for the accelerated BSN for fall 2012 and haven't heard anything yet. I just took the TEAS at the end of September. Hopefully they will decide on their first round of interviews soon?
- 0Oct 12, '11 by IslandRae@Karamarie,
I completely understand what you are saying. I actually did do the mock interview and that helped me answer that "question"...LOL!
They don't start looking at anything until after the application deadline. They rank all the applicants, then send out interview letters. It's going to be a long wait. Hopefully, a spot will open up for me for Spring 2012 so I don't have to go through the stress.
- 0Oct 13, '11 by BrigitteBYeah I was reading some of the old posts on another thread talking about application for last fall and they said letters don't go out till sometime in March. I was reading the ratio of applications to students accepted into the accelerated program (something like 120:25). At this point I've only applied to KSU's program but I'm starting to think I might need to apply somewhere else as a backup?
- 0Oct 13, '11 by karamarie91Quote from BrigitteBYes, girl(I'm assuming you are a girl lol) I would apply at other schools too. I am doing that because you just never know. I would be devastated if I had all my hopes in one school and then no back up.And March is a long time away.. no point of me worrying about those interviews right now. But I can't wait till Spring so I just have to wait and pray for the best.Yeah I was reading some of the old posts on another thread talking about application for last fall and they said letters don't go out till sometime in March. I was reading the ratio of applications to students accepted into the accelerated program (something like 120:25). At this point I've only applied to KSU's program but I'm starting to think I might need to apply somewhere else as a backup?
- 0Oct 13, '11 by IslandRaeFor the accelerated program in the spring I was told that 60 interview letters were sent, and 40 will be accepted. I don't remember how many applied....didn't really care about that...lol! But definitely apply to other schools. I know people who have applied to KSU and have never gotten an interview or accepted, but get accepted by Emory, Mercer, GSU, GA Highlands.....basically everywhere else! KSU is kind of funny in that aspect, but it is a good school and I love the fact the the accelerated program is only 4 semesters.
- 0Oct 13, '11 by BrigitteBYeah I probably should look at a couple schools as plan B options. I wonder what the stats are for students accepted into the accelerated program. I tried looking at other posts but there were students that were accepted into both programs so I couldnt get a feel for average GPA and TEAS score. I have a B.S. in Biology from KSU so I'm hoping that helps my chances.