Gwinnett Technical college--questionRegister Today!
- by fazeila921 Dec 27, '07Hello. I am in the process of taking my science pre-reqs in order to apply into an RN program in a couple of years. I already have a B.A. degree. I took chemistry at GA Perimeter college and that went well. But they are phasing out the Lawrenceville campus and I don't want to commute too far in order to take my other classes (i work full time). Gwinnett Tech is close to my house and they do offer A&P and Micro both at the vocational level and what they call the "associate degree level." Has anyone taken classes here and are the credits transferable to a 4 yr university? I heard from one girl in my chem class that she had a horrible A&P professor at Georgia Perimeter then went to Gwinnett tech and did much better.
- Dec 28, '07 by sweet toothI took A&P 1&2 at Gwinnett Tech - same instructor for both and she was one of the best instructors I have ever had. You will work your tail off, but you will learn a ton. The credits transferred to other associate degree programs. You need to check with each school you want to transfer the credits to before you register. Gwinnett Tech is supposed to be starting an associate nursing program, but I'm not sure exactly when.
- Dec 28, '07 by fazeila921Thanks Sweet Tooth. I keep hearing good things about the instructors over at gwinnett tech. I went to a private 4 yr university many years ago, and i used to sort of look down at vocational schools and community colleges. But after having finished chemistry at GA Perimeter, I know the education is on par with any other school. they may not have all the "extras" that they charge an arm and a leg for, or maybe a reputation, but the education can be the same, sometimes better.
I have no idea where i'll be applying to for nursing school yet and it will most likely be in another state, so the whole transfering of credits does concern me. The school is closed right now but after the New Year i will try to get more info. In the meantime, i registered for a medical terminology course there for the winter session just to feel them out and if anything, that will help me get a better grade for when i sign up for A&P.
- May 6, '10 by OllyoxallsThis is a few years too late, but just in case there is someone else out there... I took A&P 1 and 2, micro, and Chem 1 at GTC and they all transferred to Georgia State University. I took Mrs. **** for anat and she was wonderful. I also had Dr. **** for chemistry and I aced it. He is a wonderful chemistry teacher. I strongly recommend them both.Last edit by jb2u on May 7, '10 : Reason: No posting names per TOS
- Sep 23, '10 by AngeltksHi Lisa,
I am going to take Chemistry at GTC. Can you send me the name of the Chemistry professor to my email id. It would be very helpful for me. Please send me his name at email@example.com I think you took Dr. Bravo's class. Did you attend his evening classes?Last edit by Angeltks on Sep 23, '10
- Oct 28, '10 by mastoverthis is my 1st sem. at Gwinnett but i've heard nothing but great things regarding their teachers!
- Nov 17, '10 by FemmeDuJourQuote from OllyoxallsThis is a few years too late, but just in case there is someone else out there... I took A&P 1 and 2, micro, and Chem 1 at GTC and they all transferred to Georgia State University. I took Mrs. **** for anat and she was wonderful. I also had Dr. **** for chemistry and I aced it. He is a wonderful chemistry teacher. I strongly recommend them both.
What chemistry course did you take at GTC? Was it equivalent to chemistry 1151K (Survey of Chemistry)?
- Mar 17, '11 by GodsloveAt this point, I don't think Gwinnett Tech offers chemistry 1151. They probably used to offer as chemistry 0191. I don't see it for spring nor summer. It's something I need to take but I'm at a fix right now because I feel so secured with the tutors at GTC I don't want to go anywhere else to take classes. I've been at GTC since January 2010 and I have nothing but good things to say about the tutors. I have taken English 1101, Psychology 1101, 1102, sociology 1101, anatomy and physiology 1 and 2, college algebra 1101 and I'm looking forward to taking microbiology and English 1102 for the spring. I must say there is no easy course out there, the workload for every course will exhaust and overwhelm you but it always pays off. Before I register for any class, I go to rateyourprofessors.com to read reviews on course tutors before I settle on one and that has helped a lot. And of course the support from other tutors who don't teach you is amazing. I love the love assistants too; they are knowledgeable and always helpful when you need them.
- Jan 8, '12 by smiths2nDoes anyone know when gtc administers the kaplan exam?
- Jan 19, '12 by phrozenoneI would like to know the same thing. I know the deadline was Jan 15th...