GPC FALL 2012 - Page 33Register Today!
- Jul 11, '12 by mollyfoghlaimHi. If you have not ordered the uniform yet, the bookstore at Clarkston has some on display that you can try one. And they had a bunch of smalls on hand that you could buy.
I am getting excited now! I registared this morning! (after one minor jump hoop)
- Jul 12, '12 by mg100Has everyone gotten their shots yet? I went to get mine yesterday, and didnt know what to do about the Hep B - I dont think I have ever had those, so I got the first shot, but it will take 3 months to get all of them!! What did ya'll do, are you just signing the waiver??? Thanks!
- Jul 12, '12 by watashiI was in the same situation. I signed the waiver, but they also wrote on the form that they had given me the first shot, so whoevr reads the form knows I am on track to being immunized. Hopefully that's good enough.
- Jul 13, '12 by BlaquechinadollHello All:I did go up to the Dekalb Health Dept & was told I had the latest flu vaccine ( they won't tell you over the phone). Also, I did begin my Hep B earlier, I am due the last one in August. Doc just documented what I had & I will sign waiver until the series is complete.Lastly, no one told me in the financial aid office that I needed to file a financial aid appeal bc I needed more time on the Pell grant ( hours beyond 51). I was just advised that I had to make sure that my major was changed to Nursing. I wasn't advised that the Nursing Dept handles that. Anyways, it takes 2-4 weeks to find out if your appeal is granted, yet meanwhile, be prepared to pay using your own funds. I discovered this about 2 pm today, after trying to contact financial aid since 7/11 via phone & email. They finally replied today & I made it just in time. When you fill out the appeal form, an advisor must go over it with you & sign iit as well, then turn it into the financial aid office. Then wait...
- Jul 14, '12 by Angeloflife11Hello everyone. @mg100 Im going to sign the waiver, I believe its given the first day of class. I did get the first hep B shot and documented it on the medical form. @blaquechinadoll I just went through the same thing with filing a appeal with financial aid. Thankfully I was able to get my classes paid for, but I hope the appeal goes through. I probably want here anything about it until after classes start but Im praying for the best.
- Jul 15, '12 by barankasiaHey,Guys I'm not following the fin aid problem I see some people have...I filled out Fafsa and already got approved for fall2012/spring2013...is there anything else I have to do just because I'm going to start nursing school?
- Jul 16, '12 by BlaquechinadollIf your financial aid is already approved, then you should be good.
- Jul 24, '12 by polo0623I ordered my uniforms already...they just came in the mail like 2 days ago...i had to send lab coat back because it was slightly long for my height...other than that everything fitted just fine
- Jul 24, '12 by polo0623@Blaquechinadoll...how does ur finiancial aid change when u go from pre-nursing to nursing?