probably wont be able to get back to this thread any time soon so i am just going to lay out some info and go, and you all will know for yourselves by the time finals are over and i will just come back and read.
advice for those that do get accepted: do not be afraid of your professors, but do be humble, they know alot, and they love to teach, respesct all of them no matter what, and they will respect you as well. go to them if you need help not someone that dont know. they will help you in any way possible.
if you dont do well on your first test or wvwn if you do you can go to aim meeting and there is a wealth on consolidated must know knwoledge that is shared at these meetings.
1. goodle nursing test questions. nclex type, and start getting familiar with them.
go to gordons library if your a student( and even if not) check out a few books from the nursing area, like fundamentals got it after i started the program, needed it the summer before.
2. teach yourself now how to do the dosage cal. gordon dose not teach it, but instructor will help you if you need it. they are all awesome.
3. start practicing or imagining yourself as a nurse in the field and how you need to conduct yourself, and start going to slideshare . net and looking at some of the power points others have made about nursing skills and fundamentals.
4. know maslow as it pertains to nursing and the nursing process. just start reading.
5. get a rolling book bag and a ipad if possible.
6. start now learning your medications( you can google pharmacology for nursing and most sights have the important things for nurses to know.
7. practice practice practice skills on any one who will let you, (no shots please) just simulation, or bp, listen to hearts and lungs ( internet will provide assessment info)
8. know your lab values!!!!!!
abgs cbc vitals
go ahead and read up on fluid and electrolytes and hematology.
most important love it live it be a good nurse>>>>
i am more easily reached through direct email, but you will need to send me a private message on here to get that.
for those who dont make it in this time!!!!!!
guess what? its ok dont, give up, give it time.
i got a letter last spring that said i was not accepted and although sad i was ok. then 3 weeks later around mothers day i got another later saying they were able to extend the list and i made it.
if you did not do well on the critical thinking test that may be why you didnt et in so, google critical thinking in nursing and learn to convert your thinking process. you do critical thinking everyday, you just gotta see that and do it more.