Georgia State University Spring 2014
- 1Feb 12, '13 by amf7Hey guys! Is anyone out there applying to the GSU Spring 2014 program? I know we have some time until applications are turned in, but I wanted to get an idea as to who is planning on applying. What is everyone's GPA and TEAS scores?
Looking forward to see what I'm up against!
- 0Feb 25, '13 by coquinn2Finally, a thread for the 2014 spring applicants. I'm planning on applying to Georgia State for admission next spring. My cumulative gpa is a 3.5, so I'll be working on pulling that up during the summer and fall, although my prereq gpa is much higher. I've taken the TEAS once, but I'm registered to take it once more before applications are due, my individual score was an 85.3.Last edit by coquinn2 on Feb 25, '13
- 0Feb 25, '13 by amf7Welcome coquinn2!
I will be applying to the Spring 2014 ACE program! I'm currently working full time to save as much money as possible, since I know I won't be able to work much or at all (they say you shouldn't) if I get into the program (fingers crossed)!
I have a 3.76 GPA (hopefully 3.77 after I finish NURS 2010 this semester!) and will be taking the TEAS again in a few months (I took it once already and got an 84.5% - my Grandfather had just barely passed away, so I was a mess and I didn't study at all).
I have A's in all of my sciences (A&P 1 and 2, Micro, and BIO 1), except BIO 2 - I got a B at a different school.
Letter of Recs - 1 from my A&P professor (not GSU) and 1 from a Neurosurgeon who also teaches at a university.
I am already a nervous wreck about getting in!! And I've even been researching online about new grads getting jobs with no experience and now that is freaking me out too, because everyone wants experience!!! Ahhh!!
Good Luck to everyone!
- 0Jun 11, '13 by GSUNavyNurseHey Everyone! I am also applying for Spring 2014! Definitely a stressful time for us. I'm going with the traditional track. I have a 3.93 overall gpa with a 3.5 science gpa. Trying to bring those up this summer, especially the science one since they added a requirement for that. I also took the TEAS and got an 87.3, but I'm going to retake it before I turn in my application. Hopefully more people will come forward as we get closer to the application deadline. Good luck to everyone!
- 0Jun 11, '13 by amf7GSUNavyNurse - your stats look great! I was able to raise my TEAS to a 92.7% after re-taking, so taking it a second time REALLY HELPED! GOOD LUCK!
Glad to have you on here!
Quote from GSUNavyNurseHey Everyone! I am also applying for Spring 2014! Definitely a stressful time for us. I'm going with the traditional track. I have a 3.93 overall gpa with a 3.5 science gpa. Trying to bring those up this summer, especially the science one since they added a requirement for that. I also took the TEAS and got an 87.3, but I'm going to retake it before I turn in my application. Hopefully more people will come forward as we get closer to the application deadline. Good luck to everyone!
- 1Oct 1, '13 by ElizabethGA118Just dropped off my application yesterday. Excited and nervous!!
I already have a B.A. from UGA. I decided that I really wanted to pursue nursing all along and should have started earlier. My B.A. isn't nursing related but I have a 3.95 from UGA and graduated Summa Cum Laude.
Went back to school less than a year later to Athens Technical College (cheaper) to finish the requirements. I already had A's in Biology I & II, English I & II, and Statistics. I got an 'A' in Medical Terminology, an 'A' in A&P I (had to take it twice but aced it the second time, I had an 89.4 in lecture and a 69.4 in lab the semester before, go figure). I got an 'A' in A&P II the first time around and a 'B' in Microbiology. So we're looking at a 3.95 from UGA and a 3.44 for science pre-requisites from Athens Tech (3.71 if you replace the first A&P I grade with the re-take).
Took the TEAS for the first time a few weeks ago.... got a 93.3% total: 90.5% Reading, 100.0% Math, 91.7% on Science, and a 93.3% on English. I felt pretty solid about my essays/short answers/recs.
Any input is appreciated! Good luck to everyone!