Georgia Highlands Fall 2013 - Page 3Register Today!
- Apr 27 by cdeal81They told me they wont do any final calculations until the end of the semester, after grades are posted. And YESS, our science grades count way more than anythig else! If you have 3 As in AP I&II & Micro you automatically have 750 points before anything else is calculated. And the TEAS actually counts very little in comparison to everything else! I was shocked that the TEAS counted the same as our SAT scores. I took the ACT/SAT over 10 years ago & my score was just average! And, they will have to convert it so I wasn't sure how to figure that on my worksheet. I went with the worst case scenario, if they give me the lowest points on my ACT & depending on my final grade in Micro - I will have 1219 if I get an A or 1135 if I end up with a B. I am riding the fence right now, so ya'll say a prayer I can focus & study hard from now until May 7th!
My understanding is that last fall the cutoff was 1020, & Spring was 980, but of course they always end up pulling in people from the waitlist with scores lower than that because not everyone will actually accept their letter!!
I'm sure we have ALL worked very hard! I hope May goes by REAL FAST....lolol =)))))
- May 1 by dmk3@sjutras yes I did calculate my score. I should have went in and had some advising and pointers when filling out the worksheet. I have this one class not done when I turned it in, but I was told last semester that they don't begin to look at them until May when Spring semester is finished. I'm certain I am not going to be accepted for Fall 2013 and I'm ok with that. It's not the end of the world to me. I love what I do now, although I'm debating whether to start a new journey making a lot more than I would as a nurse. I wish the best of luck to everyone that applied!!
I have a friend that applied twice and didn't get accepted. She has a bachelor's degree in a science major, got a TEAS score of 98%, and I know she got A's and a couple B's in the other classes Highlands requires. I don't know what her worksheet score was. I think it's crazy how competitive it is to get in the program!!!
- May 1 by DMC87@dmk3 - don't you cave so quickly, girl!! Crossing fingers for us all; I'm sure all will work out the way it's meant to be whichever direction you decide to go in.
In the meantime...we wait and cross off the days ever so slowly
- May 3 by dmk3@DMC87 I'm just being realistic. I don't want to get my hopes too high only to not get in. If I do get accepted it's because of the 15 years of experience in the OR, but they don't look at that. I know I'm good in clinicals, at least I was when I had gone through my nursing clinicals 20 years ago. What drives me crazy is that I train RNs all day long and they don't have a clue of what's actually going on. It's so discouraging to work with nurses, I don't want to be one of "them". It seems the more education they have the less patient interaction they have and there's more paperwork they are responsible for. I just don't see the point anymore.
- May 8 by Rcha1152Hi! I applied to GHC Nursing Program for Fall 2013. I'm trying to keep my hopes up but my scores are low compared to the scores posted on here. My gpa is only a 3.5 as of now but grades will be posted tomorrow so I'm hoping it will go up. My worksheet score is 1050. Did I see that someone posted that Highlands accepted scores of the upper 900's last fall? I was told the low for last Fall was a 1200. I hope that is not true! Very discouraging!
- May 12 by DMC87Hi, I haven't heard what last falls score cut off was. A 1050 worksheet score is not bad at all. I've heard 1000+ are usually good. Fingers crossed for all....grades are posted at GHC so not long until we find out!Quote from Rcha1152Hi! I applied to GHC Nursing Program for Fall 2013. I'm trying to keep my hopes up but my scores are low compared to the scores posted on here. My gpa is only a 3.5 as of now but grades will be posted tomorrow so I'm hoping it will go up. My worksheet score is 1050. Did I see that someone posted that Highlands accepted scores of the upper 900's last fall? I was told the low for last Fall was a 1200. I hope that is not true! Very discouraging!
- May 12 by Rcha1152I hope that 1000+ is good enough. My class grades are really good all A's and B's but my SAT scores were awful! Yes grades at Highlands are all in and my gpa is now a 3.6, but i think it's usually the middle of June before they send out letters. Trying to stay positive and my fingers will be crossed for all as well! Good Luck to everyone!
- May 17 by Rcha1152BeeCaring22 a 1200+ is a good score. I would have my hopes up for sure if I had that score, but I know what you mean. It would be nice if everyone could get in I know we have all worked so hard to get to this point. I would like to know how many people applied for Fall. I've never thought about it before but now I am very interested. Does anyone know how many people are accepted into the program in the fall?