Emory Residency Program--your experience?Register Today!
- by peachnurse22 Feb 9I am very interested in pursuing a career with Emory, as I've had some of my clinical experiences there and have really liked it so far. My question is: what is the new graduate residency program like? Were you able to chose what floor and for what shift you wanted to apply for when you applied for the program?
Any pros and cons of the residency program (hours worked vs pay, stuff like that) would be greatly appreciated. I graduate soon and am trying to network as best I can with hospitals in the Atlanta area.
Thanks in advance for your help!
- Feb 12 by T-Bird78Go for it! I'm not doing their residency program but I'm working at TEC in Midtown. They put more time and money into their new hires than any other place I've worked. There's so many perks to being an Emory employee and they take care of you. Big perk--after 2 years, free education for yourself; after 10 years, free for your children. Yes, please!
- Apr 1 by daisygirl5I've applied for this fall's program. Anyone else? Also, I assume this is a paid residency, as I've noticed most new grad residencies are paid positions. Anyone know the rate? I've seen that my profile is now "under consideration" so excited to see if it progresses from there
- Apr 11 by EytblQuote from daisygirl5Hi,I've applied for this fall's program. Anyone else? Also, I assume this is a paid residency, as I've noticed most new grad residencies are paid positions. Anyone know the rate? I've seen that my profile is now "under consideration" so excited to see if it progresses from there
I also applied to Emory residency .. For some reasons I don't c anything in my profile... Although I received the new grad questionnaire ... Did u receive the questionnaire from the recruiter? What school u go to?
- Apr 12 by daisygirl5I'm actually from our of state. Yep, got the questionnaire!
- Apr 12 by EytblOk.. Well good luck! He said he would start calling for interview soon...
- Apr 15 by EytblHi daisygirl, have u heard anything firm Emory?
- Apr 17 by tallchica54I have applied too! I filled out the questionnaire and emailed it back. My status says under considerations as well. I am from out of state. How is the nursing demand down there? I have been an LPN for two years and didn't know if that would not make me a new graduate technically. I was not sure.
- Apr 18 by EytblI think u r still a new grade... I'm a medical assistant for over 8 years and the only time I see the advantage of that is when I go to clinical with my classmate.. I'm far head of the game and I'm sure u feel the same way... I got an offer already because of that background and I'm sure it won't be hard for you to get a job here... However, i heard the market is not easy and most new grad struggle to get their first job...
I got an offer from GMC but Emory has a better residency program... I think I will get a better foundation if I start with Emory ...
How do u check your status? I looked in and don't see a link to check the status of the application..
- Apr 21 by calivianyaI have been looking everywhere for residencies... just found Emory's on the ending date for the posting and applied! I've filled the questionnaire out and sent it back already. Waiting for people to get back in touch is hard!