Darton Nursing Fall 2011 - page 2
by kirstierobinson | 3,508 Views | 32 Comments
For those of you who have taken the HESI test for admissions to fall 2011, what were your scores? I scored an 88% overall composite and made an 84% on the Anatomy & Physiolgy.... Read More
- 0May 31, '11 by kirstierobinsonQuote from crossingfingers2011Sorry it took so long to reply! It was my first time taking it and I took the HESI on May 21st. I am transferring from Coastal Community College in Jacksonville, NC. My hubby is also in the military so I know what you are going through! Do yall stay on the base? If I do not get in this time around I am definitely going to try again.
Yea...if I don't get in Fall and I get accepted in Spring, I will have to stay an extra semester by myself while he moves with the kids. And yes!!! I do stay on base. What about you?
- 0May 31, '11 by kirstierobinsonQuote from keepmovinglpnI applied for the fall 2011 class as well. I dont take the Hesi until July though.
I have completed the following:
Taking the following during the summer term:
GPA currently is 3.70
I dont feel like I have a great chance of getting in at Darton bc I still have English 1102, A+P II, and computer applications to do. I did apply at another school as well. So we will see how it comes out.
Is their anyone who has completed all of their core classes here? If not what do you have left to take? And how does Darton (nursing) feel about not having all of the preq completed? Will they still accept you in the program?
I don't have my A&PII either or Medical Terminology. I plan to take that this fall. So hopefully they take into consideration that my score on HESI was great even though I didn't take that class yet. I think I could have score so much higher if I did. But, I think they said as long as you have English Comp I and A&PI you are good to go. The lady from nursing department says their website states that you need medical terminology prior to getting in, but she said its just recommended, as long as you have COMP I & A&PI you have a chance of getting in since they do look at HESI scores as well. I mean I think it'd be kind of odd if someone scored super high on the HESI and had a few core left and they didn't accept them! Good luck on your HESI! I couldn't find any other way to study but to read my book from cover to cover and take notes on some key things and studied from that! I can't believe I actually did that lol.
- 0Jun 1, '11 by kirstierobinsonQuote from keepmovinglpnHi does anyone know when the nursing department will send out acceptance/denial letters? Will it be around August? Because the program starts in October right?
The traditional nursing for Fall starts in August and letters are sent out by July 11.
- 0Jun 7, '11 by keepmovingrnQuote from EllimacI took the HESI on May 20 and made a 93% overall with a 90% in A&P. I have completed all my core except Micro and have an overall 2.91. I am happy with my HESI, but not my GPA (most of my bad grades are from loooong ago). So i'm sweating bullets.
I think you have a very good chance of getting!
- 0Jun 8, '11 by SeeTheMoonI made 91 on HESI, gpa 3.8. I have all core, after this semester. Sounds ok enough, but honestly, I'm a little confused by how Darton chooses. I have heard of 4.0ers and HESI acers who didn't make it, but others with much lower grades, etc. get in. So we'll see! Either way, I believe it's in God's hands.