Darton Fall 2012?? - page 18
by keakin6 21,227 Views | 254 Comments
Anyone waiting for fall acceptance letters? I just took my hesi today. My overall was a 91 with a 76 in a&p and a 92 in the math section. Good luck to everyone!... Read More
- 0Jul 28, '12 by JBRN08Quote from loveforkasia216I want to do ER OR ICU too...I work on a floor called TCC now. I used to work on a medical floor for 3yrs.I've been a LPN for 4 years also. I work at a nursing home. I'm tired of just passiing pills. I want to do something more exciting like emergency medicine.
- 0Jul 29, '12 by nn_jQuote from loveforkasia216I know exactly how you feel! Ive been an LPN for 5 yrs and I have only worked in a nursing home and did home health care for a while and I am bored to death!I've been a LPN for 4 years also. I work at a nursing home. I'm tired of just passiing pills. I want to do something more exciting like emergency medicine.
- 0Jul 29, '12 by medic9872Quote from loveforkasia216The ER is ok but it's not always exciting. I'm not entirely sure what area I want to work in. After 5 years in emergency medicine, I'm not sure that's where I want to be. Too many people use the ER for medication refills or psych issues or random things that really should be taken care of by a primary care physician. However the ER would probably be the easiest transition for me. I liked the OR when I did clinicals in paramedic school. ICU is interesting. Even L&D would be interesting. I know I want to eventually move on to be a nurse practitioner, but I don't know what specifically I want to do yet.I've been a LPN for 4 years also. I work at a nursing home. I'm tired of just passiing pills. I want to do something more exciting like emergency medicine.
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com
- 0Jul 29, '12 by Southbeach23Hey Kristen82483,
I have a friend of mine who went straight through and she was in her forties. She graduated fall '11 and was employed right after passing her boards. The best advice she gave me was to pray, work hard, study hard, and stay on p's and q's! I guess it worked!!
- 0Jul 30, '12 by galuv28Hi Darton Fall 2012 class...Aug 20, 2012 is the big day!!! "Study Group Idea" ...Someone brought this 2 my attention about having a Nursing Study Group on Facebook. *The more resources we have, the better!!! *The concept of the Facebook Study Group; If we had a question or idea to share, we could post on that page and bounce off of each other if we needed to. With that being said...if you guys are down for it...I will make one and post the name of it.
- 1Jul 30, '12 by limitless-visionsQuote from galuv28That's a great idea, I have seen previous classes use facebook for their class so it must be helpful!!! I will look this up on facebook. Thanks!!!!!I created the study group on facebook...hopefully it's a hit, it's called: " Darton Fall 2012-14 Nursing Study Group "