Clayton State Nursing Program Spring 2012 - page 26
Hey! I am just starting this forum to see who else is applying for Clayon State's Spring 2012 BSN Program. I just applied and now the waiting begins..... Read More
- 0Nov 15, '11 by an2onWe only wear uniforms on clinical days Tuesday and Wednesday. However, there are about 2-3 days throughout the entire semester where you would have to wear uniforms to lab. As far as studying, it really depends on what you have going on in a given week. But on average about 4-5 hours of studying a day and that includes other assignments such as studying for check offs, care plans etc. Keep in mind that this is just for one of the two classes I have. For example, I get home from class everyday by 1 or 2. I eat, study from 3-7 or 3-10pm. After that, I prepare myself for bed and get ready for the next day. My schedule is pretty easy to maintain because I don't work and I don't have a spouse or children. There will be some days you have other issues going on and nursing might not fit in your schedule and you would have to study for 2 hours that day and just catch up later. Some days you might not study at all and that is totally fine as long as you don't get behind that much. Your first 2 weeks will be crazy but you will get the hang of it later and say to yourself "I got this!". LoL Sorry if im talking too much but you will have fun in the middle of all the stress because nursing material is very interesting. But anyway, I don't wanna write a book. so if you have anymore questions let me know.
- 0Dec 1, '11 by PomLoverHello everyone! I'm in the program now with an2on. I was reading your posts on here and remembering how stressed out I was going through the acceptance process. I do not miss it! You will be fine though, most of your instructors are super nice and will really try their best to help you along. You can probably get by with only ordering two sets of uniforms since you only wear them two times a week. Also, the uniforms run really big so if you normally wear a medium be prepared to buy a small, it's weird. They say you need a lab jacket but you never wear it so just buy one of the them. I bought my shoes at Wal Mart for like $20 and they are amazingly comfortable. They are the kind designed for servers so they are made to be on your feet all day and they are non slip. The biggest piece of advice I can give you off the top of my head is when you get into HIT1 sign up to take your clinicals at Dekalb Main. I LOVED it there! Also, if they offer it, take the PM clinicals. You get to sleep in and you don't have to waste your time doing 10,000 bed baths all morning. Good luck!!!!
- 0Dec 5, '11 by Jase2107An2on, or anyone else, 2 things. How does your uniforms fit in comparison to your normal clothing size? I am a tall guy, I wear 34x34 jeans, and usually XL shirts, I am a bit on the slim side, so I am worried about the leg length. Any advise??
Also, I know there are post everywhere on what people prefer when it comes to laptop/netbook during Nursing school, but what do you think is the best choice??
- 0Dec 7, '11 by an2onHey Jase, I am 6ft and I also wear a 32x32 or 32x34. So went a head and ordered the extra tall size and they were way too long. So I had to send them back and order the tall size. They are pretty good with the length so I don't think you should worry too much about the length. But for the ladies, the uniform sizes are run big so you would probably have to order a size smaller then your regular size because a lot of my classmates were complaining that their uniforms were too big. As for computers, I saw everyone in my class with just a labtop. I didn't see any netbooks. My choice would just be a labtop
Hope this helps,
See you guys are orientation
- 0Dec 10, '11 by kayswiss3I agree on the uniforms running big.. I usually wear around a size 5/6 in clothes and I got a medium shirt and small pants. I will have to order the smaller size in my 2nd uniform since I only ordered one to get an idea of the sizes. But thanks An2on and PomLover. All of the insight you guys give us is great..