Chattahoochee Tech 2013
- 0Jun 30, '12 by adntobeThought it would be a good time to start a new thread for all of us that are applying to Chattahoochee Tech for fall 2013! I would love to see what you received on the TEAS and your GPA. I plan on taking the TEAS V in August and currently have a 4.0 in my sciences and a 3.8 overall (I think). Does anyone know how many people usually apply and how many get accepted?
- 28,121 Visits
- 1Jul 6, '12 by afterseasonI am starting the ADN program this Fall (2012). I had a TEAS V score of 87.8, and I believe my GPA was a 3.6 or 3.7 (have to double-check my transcripts). They said 500+ applied. There are 44 of us in the class -- I believe they accepted 50, but a few have already left (I know a few ended up receiving acceptance letters to other schools that they preferred).
Good luck to you!
- 0Jul 15, '12 by adntobeI looked on the CTC Website and saw the following for admission:
TEAS (100 = 28.6%)
Pre-admission general education courses GPA (50 = 14.3%)
Sciences GPA (100 = 28.6%)
Work Experience (25=7.1%)
General Education Courses (25=7.1%)
Interview (Maximum 50= 14.3%)
It looks like the TEAS and Sciences GPA are the most heavily weighted. From what I hear (thanks EricaBeth) it looks like the CTC program is not one of the easiest to get accepted into. I'm shocked when I hear from other posts (in other states) that they had a TEAS in the 70's and a 3.0 and got accepted.
- 0Jul 27, '12 by katherinelutitiaHello! I'm also a student at Chatt Tech, hoping to apply for the Fall 2013 admittance for the ADN program - the ONLY concern I have is that, despite all my A's and good GPA, that the one B I received in A&PII will hold me back. What were your pre-req grades like, if I may ask??
- 0Jul 29, '12 by adntobeI think you are good if you got a B in APII. Very few people got A's and B's and I noticed that lots of people in my A&P II were taking it for the second time since they got a C or lower the first time around. I'm retaking English 1102 and Psych again since I got a B in those a long (long) time ago, especially since I have some time before the application deadline. I'm taking the TEAS V soon...how about you? That's really what's making me so nervous!
- 0Jul 30, '12 by katherinelutitiaI haven't taken the TEAS yet, but I want to soon. I plan on definitely taking it twice. Unless I score in the 90's on the first try! I'm concerned about the math portion. I'm so awful at math. I have a friend that I'm going to have tutor me beforehand haha. My GPA is good, my grades are good, I just have to get through Micro and the TEAS and apply in May!
- 0Jul 31, '12 by afterseasonQuote from katherinelutitiaI'm not good with math myself, but I did not find the TEAS math to be too difficult. Surprisingly, all my peers and I found the science to be the most difficult (and that's my strong area).I'm concerned about the math portion. I'm so awful at math.
- 0Aug 1, '12 by katherinelutitiaQuote from ericabethIf you don't mind me asking, what kinds of questions in both math and science did they ask? Is there anything in particular I should be focusing on?
I'm not good with math myself, but I did not find the TEAS math to be too difficult. Surprisingly, all my peers and I found the science to be the most difficult (and that's my strong area).
- 0Aug 1, '12 by afterseasonQuote from katherinelutitiaTo be honest, I don't recall what all was on the math. I know I used the ATI study guide, and it covered all of the math I encountered on the test. It definitely offered adequate preparation. Can't say the same for the science portion. While the ATI study guide was very helpful and prepared me in a lot of ways, there were several questions on the test that were never mentioned in the study guide. Also, some of the questions were really specific for anatomy and physiology. I managed to handle them because I had just completed A&P and Micro. I would DEFINITELY do an A&P review prior to testing.If you don't mind me asking, what kinds of questions in both math and science did they ask? Is there anything in particular I should be focusing on?