Applying for Georgia Perimeter for Fall '13 ADN program. Have questions: TEAS, Cores
- 0Sep 24, '12 by keylabridgesI'm applying for the Georgia Perimeter College ADN program for Fall 2013 in January. I've completed core classes at another college but there is NO way that GPC will accept them, (the college is a technical college, and I'm not interested anymore in getting my LPN, I was accepted into the program, but decided it would be a waste of time since the length of the program is similar) and since they will not acccept them, I will have to start all over. I'm starting at GPC Oct 15th for fall b term. I'm going to be taking Anatomy 1 and lab 1, American Government, and Quantitative Skills and Reasoning. I'm very devoted and I will NOT settle for anything less than an A out of all the classes. The only requirements that you have to meet to submit the nursing application in January is to have Anatomy 1 and lab 1 completed and to have atleast a 63 on the TEAS exam. I know everyone say's it'll be easier to complete all the core classes before applying to the nursing program, but I REALLY want to go ahead and start the program in fall of 2013. Hopefully, by the time Fall semester start,I'll have majority of them completed, if not all of them. Being that I will only have 3 of the 12 pre reqs completed at the time of the application, will I have a hard chance at getting accepted even with a 4.0 in those classes?
Also, How was the TEAS V exam? What scores did you make to get into the program?? What part of the test was most imporant to GPC?? Which study guide did you use??
If anyone can answer any of these questions for me, PLEASE PLEASE don't hesitate to reply!!!!!
- 9,848 Visits
- 0Oct 10, '12 by astronomiaI'm actually pursuing a BSN at a different university, but most of the girls I volunteer with at my local hospital have been accepted to GPC's ADN program. Most of them had GPAs of 2.9-3.5 and TEAS scores of 75-80. I know one girl in particular only scored a 64 the first time and retook it the second time for a 76. I personally scored an 89 on TEAS my first try just by taking the practice tests in the book sold by ATI. I bought the two online practice exams as well, but I feel like the book itself is much more helpful in terms of studying. It's very true to the actual test and does a good job of covering and explaining all the material, I just didn't put much effort into it my first time around.
- 0Dec 30, '12 by lorahump78I am also applying for Fall 2013. I took my TEAS exam in December. I didnt do to well and have been debating on if I should retake it! My score was a 64.7 (Proficent) with a 66 in Reading 76 in math, 56 in science( which was really hard) and a 50 in English! I have a 3.9 GPA with a 4.0 in my sciences. The only B i have ever made in college was in World History! I am a member of the honors society (PTK)But Im still not sure if thats going to be good enough to get me in with my TEAS score being low. They dont like it if you retake it so Im kind of confused on what I should do! Does anyone have any suggestions or know of anyone that has got in with those scores? HELP!! I dont have much more time to decide....Thanks
- 0Dec 31, '12 by Nurse2B2016Quote from lorahump78I think you're ok! The lowest they take is 65 and I heard they accepted that last admittance. They don't focus on sciences if I remember correctly from the info session. Only math and English. And adjusted. Someone correct me if mistaken.I am also applying for Fall 2013. I took my TEAS exam in December. I didnt do to well and have been debating on if I should retake it! My score was a 64.7 (Proficent) with a 66 in Reading 76 in math, 56 in science( which was really hard) and a 50 in English! I have a 3.9 GPA with a 4.0 in my sciences. The only B i have ever made in college was in World History! I am a member of the honors society (PTK)But Im still not sure if thats going to be good enough to get me in with my TEAS score being low. They dont like it if you retake it so Im kind of confused on what I should do! Does anyone have any suggestions or know of anyone that has got in with those scores? HELP!! I dont have much more time to decide....Thanks
- 0Jan 22, '13 by c_mw0905I am applying for the Fall 2013 program (transferred in and waiting for transcripts to post to GPC) and I am a little worried! Re-took TEAS V and only scored a 68 (last score was a 64) and I studied that book front to back! I am done with all of my core classes, except History which I am taking now. Can anyone fill me in on the info session? Like I said, I have taken a&p (C in lecture/B in lab), a&p2 (B in lecture/A in lab), and micro (A in both lecture/lab) already so if I don't get in Fall semester I'm just sitting out till Spring with the hopes to get in then! I just wanted to ease my mind about GPC's acceptance standards with a TEAS score barely making the mark. I'm TERRIBLE at timed test please don't judge my score THANKS!Last edit by c_mw0905 on Jan 22, '13 : Reason: extra info
- 0Jan 23, '13 by milesameliaHi c_m! There is another thread called Georgia Perimeter Fall 2013 that people applying this year have been chatting on if you want to check that out too. You should be fine with your TEAS score...they are just looking for a 65 on English and Math...at the last info session, they said they are looking for at least a 3.0 program/core gpa, 3.0 science gpa and the 65 TEAS. I don't know about you, but I'm ready to hear something! Good luck
- 0Jan 24, '13 by lorahump78I just sent my application in last night..I did retake the Teas to try and get a better score! It didnt work out that way thoughoop:. I got a 64.7 the first time and a 65.3 the second time around. Oh well, I hope my 3.9 GPA and 4.0 in my sciences will get me in. Did anyone apply to other schools? I have all my eggs in one basket,so I hope I get in to GPC this Fall.
- 0Jan 25, '13 by c_mw0905Ok thanks for the extra push to just go ahead and apply bc I really needed that! Are we suppose to send both TEAS scores or can we choose which one to send? I have all my eggs in GPC's basket and I really hope to get in for the Fall...
Thanks again for all the info and YES I am TOO really to just get INTO the darn program already