Anyone applying to NGCSU Fall 2012?Register Today!
- by AshBrock1091 Nov 14, '11Hi, I'm new to this site, and I just wanted to see who has all applied to North Georgia College and State University. Anyone with experiences, or others who have applied please reply with your stats...It would be greatly appreciated!
I'm just trying to get a general idea of what my stats should be like or what I should expect if im accepted. I have a 3.5 GPA and I just recently took my TEAS saturday so I am waiting on my score (Crosses fingers)
- Nov 14, '11 by tnbutterflyMoved to GA Nursing Programs forum for better discussion.
- Nov 18, '11 by Workin on itI have applied to NGCSU for Fall 2012 I applied last year and got waitlisted, my GPA was lower and I hadn't completed A&P or Micro yet. When I called they told me the reason I didn't get in was because of the science classes. This year I am applying with around a 3.5 or 3.6 GPA (I should probably check) and a 79.3 TEAS score. I have also made an A in both of the A&P courses and labs and I am wrapping up Microbiology with an A. I am pretty confident this year. Last year I was #20 on the waitlist with a much lower GPA and no sciences. They say you don't need any prerequisites on the website but after speaking with the nursing program there it really makes a difference.
- Nov 22, '11 by AshBrock1091Your stats are awesome! I'm sure you will get in. I have an A in micro, but B in A&P 1 and it seems that I will also be getting a B out of part 2. My Teas score wasn't all that great, but I'm taking it again in December in Lawrenceville. How did you study for it? December will be my last chance its all so scary because I really want to get in!
- Nov 22, '11 by Workin on itI used the TEAS book to study but honestly it didn't help much. I did really bad in science but the other portions brought my total score back up some. I will have my fingers crossed for you!
- Nov 22, '11 by AshBrock1091Thanks hopefully I do great.
- Nov 28, '11 by boo1001Hey guys! I am also applying for fall 2012. My GPA is 3.81 and I made a 79.9 on my TEAS. I'm taking the TEAS again soon in hopes of getting a B. After this semester I will be finished with all my pre-requisites. Human A&P 1 lecture and lab I got As and Human A&P 2 lecture I got a B and lab I got A. Finishing up micro now, thank goodness! My advise for the TEAS is to study the study guide!
- Nov 29, '11 by AshBrock1091Hi boo1001... your stats are awesome as well! Ugh this makes me scared because I can't get out of the 65-69 range on the TEAS. its really upsetting. But are you referring to the ATI book? would taking it late December be to late to have it in by the deadline in January?
- Dec 9, '11 by boo1001Hey AshBrock 1091!
Sorry I haven't written back in a while, I have been so busy with finals! I'm sure you can relate. My final stats to turn in is GPA 3.78, B in micro lecture and A in micro lab. I made As in Human A&P lecture and lab and a B in Human A&P 2 lecture and an A in lab.
Yes I was referring to the ATI study guide. It seemed to be very helpful except it didn't help much for the science portion of the test. I'm almost positive North Ga requires your latest TEAS score to be submitted by January 9th. I hope your finals went well! Good luck with everything
- Dec 13, '11 by AshBrock1091Okay well I will be sure to look at that study guide. And yes finals were okay. My final stats were A in micro and A in micro lab, B in A&P 1, but I received a C in A&P 2...that's my only C do you think that C in Anatomy will kill my chances of getting in?