yucky white uniforms..

  1. Does anyone have a suggestion for the right blend of fabric that I can buy that will be the least likely to be see-thru???
    •  
  2. 34 Comments

  3. by   ShortFuse_LPN
    Not too sure of the fabric but Cherokee has some styles that are a thicker fabric. Hope that helps.
  4. by   memphispanda
    Most of my group wears a t-shirt under the tops, or a camisole. There isn't a problem with the pants because our tops have to be long enough to cover our rear. The camisoles work best in the summer because you don't get quite as hot as you would with a regular t-shirt.
  5. by   renerian
    Don't you hate white for that very reason!!!!!!!!!

    renerian
  6. by   Vsummer1
    Luckily for us, our pants are ceil blue so we don't have to worry about what undies to wear.

    The top is white, and I say let 'em see my bra if they dare! What is the difference between that and a camisole -- they are both "underwear" .... besides, our jackets are blue too and I usually wear mine for the extra pockets.
  7. by   ntigrad
    Vsummer,
    the camisole covers the waist also so you don't get this bra-only outline. We have to wear white also but we have a dark blue smock thing that goes over it and snaps on the side...like the checkers wear at the grocery store. It also has pockets in the front. It comes in handy but I too will be glad when I am out. We also have to ear a cap. I start my preceptorship tonight. Have to get 88 hours in by Thanksgiving and graduation in December!!
    Jill
  8. by   ShortFuse_LPN
    We had those blue smock things too. They were so ugly! The pockets were great though. After pinning, we had a smock burning party. lol Beige bras and undies cut down on the outlines showing through white too.
  9. by   Vsummer1
    Originally posted by ntigrad
    Vsummer,
    the camisole covers the waist also so you don't get this bra-only outline. We have to wear white also but we have a dark blue smock thing that goes over it and snaps on the side...like the checkers wear at the grocery store. It also has pockets in the front. It comes in handy but I too will be glad when I am out. We also have to ear a cap. I start my preceptorship tonight. Have to get 88 hours in by Thanksgiving and graduation in December!!
    Jill
    Those MUST be awfully thin tops then! Ours must be thicker, because only the top of the bra shows where my boobs are pressing right up against the fabric. In that case, the camisole would show the same. The rest is so baggy who would see below unless the fabric was really thin! The top I have is made by White Swan, and is from the JCPenney catalog if that helps?

    Sorry about the smocks and caps though. I think that is a bit, well, hard to find the right words of sympathy for you!
  10. by   emily_mom
    I have to wear the aweful white too, but I have a date set for the scrub burning party (May 3, 2003). That's only if they don't spontaneously combust before then!!! No way in hell I'm spending money on more now.

    I always wear a tank top. Yes, you can see it, but it gives the illusion of wearing a little more than not. The guys wear t-shirts d/t chest hair sticking out. We have one man that doesn't and he looks like a gorilla. It's kind of gross to see that hair sticking out of the scrub top. Which makes me think- if we have to wear our hair pinned, shouldn't they have to at least make little pony tails out of it? Just a thought....
  11. by   Vsummer1
    Originally posted by emily_mom
    The guys wear t-shirts d/t chest hair sticking out. We have one man that doesn't and he looks like a gorilla. It's kind of gross to see that hair sticking out of the scrub top. Which makes me think- if we have to wear our hair pinned, shouldn't they have to at least make little pony tails out of it? Just a thought....
    BWAHHHAAA HAAA HAAA :roll

    What a visual... all those mini-pony tails!!
  12. by   tattooednursie
    I didnt like the white scrubs. My favorite scrubs are pink orange and yellow and they have neon daisies on them. Its kool.
  13. by   Vsummer1
    Originally posted by FutureRN_Mandi
    I didnt like the white scrubs. My favorite scrubs are pink orange and yellow and they have neon daisies on them. Its kool.
    Mandi, that may be so, but in school they TELL you what to wear. If I showed up in neon daisy scrubs, I would be sent home and would then lose a day of clinicals and possibly have to repeat the semester d/t a failing day.

    So, we wear what they TELL us to! Now, after I graduate...
  14. by   MRed94
    Well, my white scrubs are no longer lily white, d/t the mess I made yesterday when attempting to get the contents out of a docusate with casanthranol capsule.

    Ka-Bloooooooey!

    No more white top.



    M

close