Yes I did just buy the book "new" - Page 2Register Today!
- Aug 17, '12 by LCinTrainingI normally always buy used but look for ones that have no hi lighting. This year I am working primarily off of ebooks to save space in the backpack. It will be me and the tablet this semester.
- Aug 17, '12 by abiklagsI bought 1 book from the school store b/c it needed the DVD companion set. the rest I bought on amazon and was careful to get new, like new or very good and I always checked to make sure there was no hiliting or stuff. if I knew they didnt care if it was current, i bought the older edition. the only major difference was the page numbers.
I just ordered books for my rn-bsn program and got 3 from amazon and 1 from half.com because they were cheaper. sometimes you have to do some searching to find the best price
- Aug 17, '12 by strawberry_chicaA good place to compare prices is the site DealOz.... You can put in the book name or ISBN number and it will show you the prices from all different sites such as Amazon, Ebay, textbooks.com, Barnes and noble. It even shows you rentals.
- Aug 17, '12 by myelinDepends on how you learn. I barely read my books, so buying them new would be a waste of money. I learn in lecture.
- Aug 17, '12 by ImKosherI've made a usual practice of buying old books but recently, I ran into a used book that was marked everywhere! It wasn't bad but, I couldn't help but read the other readers writing and laugh sometimes. There were some obvious answers and could not understand her logic of working out the problem.
I was reading an answer she wrote and said "Your an idiot, that's the wrong answer." and I heard my wife laughing. Looking up, I guess she thought I was talking to the book, laughing her butt off. She thinks I'm crazy.
- Aug 17, '12 by ♑ Capricorn ♑Its nice to have a choice, isn't it. I did have a choice in buying used ones but they had to be the current or newest edition. I also found that the books that were required were so much cheaper on amazon and other places than it was on my school's online bookstore! What is up with that? LOL It definitely saves to look around.
- Aug 17, '12 by 12hrshiftsWe have to buy all new books. We participate in "The Point" and have to take quizzes online using the codes found in the Lippincott books. If we buy used, then the code has more than likely been used and we can't login and take the quiz. I didn't know how "The Point" worked when I first began nursing school and bought all used books before I started. I then had to turn around and buy all new...ugh!!! Does get very expensive.