Who's getting EXCITED!!?? - Page 4Register Today!
- Jul 29, '12 by wildcatchristieI am so ready to start. I've had my books since June. I just my stethoscope last week. All the Health requirements were finished at the beginning of July. Now I just wait anxiously.
- Jul 29, '12 by >JustBreathe<I'm ready!! Almost!! I need my physical and CPR cert and I'm good to go!! Got my uniforms, books, titers, all that jazz. Let the fun begin ;-)
- Jul 29, '12 by olderthandirt51If you are attending college and living in a dorm or apartment with several roommates, I would advise you to get the meningitis vaccine.
- Jul 29, '12 by shay&lynnQuote from hcowartI hope that everyone that has posted read this post and keeps it locked away in the back of their memory...this is true...(in reference to the first test).That first test is always bad because it is a whole new way of testing. Keep your head up because it will be worth it. Be prepared to make sacrifices with family and friends. Ill finish my second semester this next week. Best of luck.
For me, the first exam was KILLER. You come out of pre-reqs studying the facts of things, for example A & P...using the same strategy, that is how I studied for my first nursing exam...totally not fact based. Looking at some of those questions, there were 4 answers...they all seemed right! Craziness! Hopefully your school has you do Nurse Logic which helps in breaking down the question to eliminate all wrong answers to get to the right one. If not, I suggest Kaplan as the material offers some direction as to how to break it down.
- Jul 29, '12 by Juniper248Hasn't really hit me, YET. I start August 23rd. Still have some time to enjoy my summer and not think about all the stressful school work coming up!
- Jul 29, '12 by heyjude91Quote from Mrs.PrissCongrats to you I got goosebumps reading this. I turn in my application in August and hear back in November...I hope to feel what you feel!!!!I finally got CPR certified today and have finished all of my vaccines for Nursing School! I have bought all of my books and supplies! I have Orientation on August 7th!!!! I know that it's real, and it has been ever since I received my letter back in May. Today, though, is the first day it has FELT real! I know that it will feel even more REAL when I go to orientation, and then clinicals, and so on and so on! I just wanted to post this because I am overflowing will excitement and anticipation!!!! Anyone else to that point or passed that point yet?
- Jul 29, '12 by serenitylove14Congrats on getting accepted and already being on your Ps and Qs. I remember when I started... My advice is to stay on top of everything and dont get behind! Dont give up and study hard!! I just recently took my NCLEX and there is light at the end of the tunnel!! I also failed a class, Pathophysiology, my first semester and I thought it would never end!! But its well worth it and very rewarding! Also another piece of advice is to get to know your teachers, somewhat be a suckup, helps with references and getting jobs as a Nursing Assistant and or as a Graduate Nurse! Good Luck!!
- Jul 29, '12 by ncrn4Congratulations!!!
Sent from my iPhone using allnurses.com