When did wearing a stethoscope become popular - Page 4Register Today!
- Jul 4, '12 by nursel56I haven't read all the other replies yet, but I hate wearing a stethoscope around my neck, so I try to keep it in my pocket. I must say though, if you want to look cool, the hologram ultrascope is awesome.
- Jul 4, '12 by malestunurseMine just doesn't fit in my pocket with all my other crap.
- Jul 4, '12 by redhead_NURSE98!I'd be suspicious of a nurse that I never once saw WITH a stethoscope... if I have mine around my neck I haven't put it away from morning assessments yet...but if you lay it down it may end up gone. Dang that thing hurts my neck after awhile though.
- Jul 4, '12 by Katie71275We are made to carry them in our pockets not around our neck. they can hit the patients when you are leaning down.
- Jul 4, '12 by ebailey1218My professor once told me that we were not allowed to wear them around our neck because of the transmissions of germs. I didn't know my neck was so much dirtier than the pocket I might have put a used Kleenex in. Is there really a risk of transmission by wearing it around your neck?
- Jul 4, '12 by celtwomanYou are so right Jennifer! The thread is weird! More weird would be if we talked about the nurses caps we used to have to wash and starch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad we don't do THAT anymore!
- Jul 5, '12 by tothepointeLVNY'know I did notice when I went to school (at a school that taught other medical vocations) that the MA's would wear their scopes around their necks all day long when none of the nursing students did. Of course we were all colored coded via scrubs so it's not like they needed to advertise. Oh well.
- Jul 5, '12 by woohQuote from celtwomanOoohhhh, a nurse cap! That just what I need to complete my ensemble:You are so right Jennifer! The thread is weird! More weird would be if we talked about the nurses caps we used to have to wash and starch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad we don't do THAT anymore!
That's why I always keep the penlight behind my ear. And I carry a sphygnomanometer and cuff on my arm. I also tape a box of gloves to my butt.
Along with my fanny pack, they make me the most fashion forward girl in town.
- Jul 5, '12 by tothepointeLVNQuote from woohWhere do you wear your meal tray stocked with sandwiches and juice boxes for patient satisfaction.Ooohhhh, a nurse cap! That just what I need to complete my ensemble:
Though pretty soon they'll have figured out how to just beam the heart and lung sounds directly into our ears.
- Jul 5, '12 by nursel56Quote from tothepointeLVNShe has a special Carmen Miranda fruit-hat style nurse cap with spaces to stash everything she needs. The trick is to learn to balance that thing without a cup of jello cubes landing on somebody's overbed table or . . .God forbid. Their visiting family member, unless they were the one that nagged her to death for the jello cubes.Where do you wear your meal tray stocked with sandwiches and juice boxes for patient satisfaction.