What will YOU do with your first "real" paycheck!? - Page 15Register Today!
- Nov 22, '08 by tokwagood question, you know what here in the Philippines there has been a belief that if you gave your first salary to your parents it would bring goodluck I dont know but I did it before actually I just kinda did it coz I didnt gave them all I save some for myself..just sharing
- Nov 22, '08 by chaxanmomQuote from uscstu4lfeWell, we've been living on a Navy enlisted salary only for 14 years so it doesn't take much for me to feel rich and glamorous. LOL!hehe... i was just wondering, where exactly are you guys planning on working? I want to work wherever it is that's going to pay you all this money to do these things you're mentioning... you do know you're going to have a nursing salary, right?? not exactly glamorous...
- Nov 22, '08 by dreamonToo far for me to know for sure yet, but I'll certainly buy something nice for my daughter. Whatever she wants that I can afford- I will buy for her.
I fantasize about a brand new entry luxury vehicle as a gift to myself. But that won't be with the first paycheck, I'll want to save a nice downpayment to put on the car. That way whenever I leave the hospital exhausted or frustrated- one look at my sexy car will lift my spirits a bit, and help me relax on my drive home.
I also want the hottest bag of the season, whether it's a Louis Vuitton, Balenciaga or maybe even a gorgeous Chanel tote.
- Nov 22, '08 by RhodyGirl, RNAll of my paychecks from my first working year are going into our savings account. We live comfortably on my husband's salary, so we want to put that money aside. That way, when we sell our condo, we'll have a nice down payment for a larger home.
- Nov 22, '08 by RNKelQuote from uscstu4lfehehe... i was just wondering, where exactly are you guys planning on working? I want to work wherever it is that's going to pay you all this money to do these things you're mentioning... you do know you're going to have a nursing salary, right?? not exactly glamorous...
I don't think there's anything wrong with dreaming and goals. It's what is keeping some people going. I haven't seen anything truly outrageous. I figure if someone says "buy a car" they mean they'll go out and get a loan, not pay it off in full that first week.
I like that this thread is happy and hopeful. No need to pee in the Wheaties. LOL
- Nov 22, '08 by goodstudentnowRNFirst, I would pray and thank God for this day because I could not make it without him. I would then give ten percent to tithe. I would plan a little trip for my two children and myself and continue to thank God for the prosperity.