What textbook do you use for Pediatric Nursing?Register Today!
- by sommeil Jun 25, '12I HATE our peds nursing textbook. i'm thinking of buying another one. what do you guys use at your school?
- 1,156 Views
- Jun 25, '12 by k_girl153We use Maternal Child Nursing Care by Perry, Hockenberry, Lowdermilk, Wilson
- Jun 25, '12 by BostonFNPNelson Textbook of Pediatrics is a great practitioner-level comprehensive text for pediatrics.
- Jun 25, '12 by elisac2008Wong's Essentials of Pediatric Nursing
- Jun 25, '12 by Ashley, PICU RNWe used Wong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children.
While I can understand the frustration of having a bad text book, I don't suggest buying another one. Your instructor will be basing her lectures/tests on the book that she has assigned, so that's the one you should use for your studies.
You could get some pediatric nursing fact books or reference cards, though. And I love the Incredibly Easy series for some quick, easy to read and comprehend information.
- Jun 25, '12 by StephalumpI've actually had quite a few people recommend buying another book if you struggle with the one you have. Sometimes it makes more sense when you read it a second time worded in a different way.
We're using London's Maternal and Child Nursing Care. Haven't even bought it yet, so no reviews from me!
- Jun 25, '12 by juliaannWong's Nursing Care of Infants and Children. I sold it back in my third semester. I don't think I ever opened it.
- Jun 25, '12 by sommeili'll probably just get a very cheap second textbook on peds. just to clarify the stuff my text makes totally confusing or doesn't shed enough light on.
- Jun 25, '12 by L&DRegisteredNurseIm curious whta youre using? I ahve it in the fall and we use Wongs
- Jun 26, '12 by MissHaleyDawnOur school used Maternal and Child Health Nursing: Care of the Childbearing & Childrearing Family (6th Ed) by Adele Pilliterri. My school just squished OB and Peds together into one semester.