What is included in your course grade?Register Today!
- by Constanceahill May 2I know a lot of people have different grading scales but I'm curious as to what is included in your grade. For example, for theory our grade consists of four exams and the final. You have to have a 75 percent in theory to even sit for the final. The rest of the stuff in our theory class is pass our fail like the paper and only count against us. For example if you get an A then you pass the paper but if you get below a 75 on the paper, then five points are taken off your theory grade and you have to redo the paper.
I haven't been able to talk to the other nursing school around us (who has time for that with our kind of schedules lol) to see if that's pretty much how all schools create grades so I was just curious on your guys input.
I request that this not be a sort of competition where we say my school is harder than yours or what not or where we complain about how hard our program is over another. I think we can all conclude that the nursing program is hard so we are all in the same boat.
Let the convo commence!
- 387 Views
- May 2 by gabriellegossWe have a certain amount of exams. Either 3 or 4 and then a cumulative HESI that is worth 40% of our grade.
- May 2 by sillypuddy143we have 4 exams including a cumulative final that count for 90% of our grade. A paper worth 10%. Clinical and lab are pass/fail. We must finish the semester with a 77% overall to pass.
- May 2 by melizerdTheory classes consist of usually 3-4 exams that you must have a total of 80% on total and then a cumulative final. After you achieve a minimum 80% passing for that then you get added in your additional points which include 1 paper (3-5 page APA and subject varies), several Evolve Case Studies. Clinical includes math exams, care plans, attendance/performance, an the exit HESI. If you don't get 80% on the math plus care plans for clinical you can't pass the class.
- May 3 by mzrainydayzFour exams 85% and a final 15%, observation papers, clinical paper work, lab cases S/U no number grade. Kaplan exit exam, remediation if you don't achieve minimum score. Math test first week of class you have to get a 90 or more to continue on in the program.