Uniforms - Page 9Register Today!
- Jul 30, '12 by WahineMakaiQuote from StephalumpI found a great stain remover recently called Zout. It has done the trick on oily, dried-in stains, bloodstains, and dyes from other articles of clothing. I found it in the laundry aisle at Safeway, and as I recall, it was super inexpensive!Well, true to form my white uniform is already ruined...and I don't even start clinicals until September.
Someone (I suspect someone under 4ft tall) spilled something on my dresser and it leaked into my uniform bag. The turquoise pants bled onto my white top
$25 wasted. Any ideas on how to get it out? Bleach doesn't appear to be doing a stellar job...
- Jul 30, '12 by macalania54I start clinical this September, so I haven't worn the uniform yet but I've seen them, and they're a white scrub top with the school of nursing patch on the arm, navy blue pants, and white shoes. I'm not too thrilled about the white, and I hate uniforms in general but as far as scrubs go, I think they're actually kinda nice looking. When I first started school I was scared we might have to wear colors I really hate like teal or sea foam :<
- Jul 30, '12 by KLBatchelorI'm so sorry all of you that have to wear any white at all, much less all white. I am so clumsy my scrubs would look awful. However, I do feel more grateful for our scrubs that I originally despised. The scrubs are hunter green bottoms and khaki tops with hunter green lab coats. Uck, but it could be worse. My issue is I know that I will be losing weight once I start school so I'm going to have to change sizes soon! Yay and boo at the same time!!
- Jul 30, '12 by KLBatchelorAnd not to mention the NS chose elastic waist bands for the women's scrubs! How awful :-O
- Jul 30, '12 by ProudStudentDark blue pants, white top with the school's embroidered logo. My only complaint is that the top is form fitting with elastic in the back, so when I raise my arms.. I have to pull the top back down. It looks nice and professional though, and that was the goal.
- Jul 30, '12 by Jmtagg623For the first part of my program (care partner) its white scrub pants and an embroidered royal blue scrub top. For the BSN portion I believe its the white scrub pants again and a different colored scrub top. Also, all white shoes. White + hospital = bad combination in my opinion!
- Jul 30, '12 by OnMyWay23We too have navy blue pants and the white top. I am so worried I am going to ruin this quickly, and they were not cheap either! Not to mention, after trying them on I hope a washing helps make them less irritating.
- Jul 31, '12 by mistydbuffaWe are just white. White top, white pants, white shoes. I'm sure it will be awful to keep them clean. I'm assuming it is another form of torture, meant to instill something, but I have yet to figure it out. The pants are so thin, I will certainly be getting leggings to wear under them. Don't want everyone to see my business like that. And yes. Even the lab coats are white. Lab coats and tops must have logo on them.
- Aug 1, '12 by ShaynaSmartOurs are white, which at first made me self-conscious, but then I stopped caring. The tops are soft, but they aren't fitted and sometimes it feels like I'm wearing a tent! I can't wait to be able to buy cute, fitted scrubs!
- Aug 1, '12 by ~passionateSN~Ours are hunter green.. We can wear whatever brand we choose but to me they are all uncomfortable and too crispy lol