Time Limits on Science Classes ??Register Today!
- by pat8585 Apr 19, '12Does anyone attend a college that has a rule that all sciences (towards a RN degree) must
have been completed in the last five years?
- 1,259 Views
- Apr 20, '12 by WorkingTowardsBSNYep. This is true for the CC I currently attend and the university I'll be attending this fall. It sucks for people on a waiting list because some will have to retake some classes before they can start their program.
- Apr 20, '12 by elkparkThat is a very common rule. The idea is that Shakespeare, Intro to Sociology, etc., don't really change much over the years, but knowledge in the hard sciences changes significantly from year to year, and an A&P or micro class from several years ago is seriously outdated.
- Apr 20, '12 by anonymousstudentI had to retake everything because of this rule.
- Apr 20, '12 by CT PixieEvery school around me has a time limit on science classes. I've had to retake gen bio a total of THREE times due to this rule, have also had to retake A&P and chem. Thankfully, I took and passed gen bio, chem both in the Summer 2011 semester, micro, and A&P I during the Fall and Winter semesters and now I'm about 3 wks from finishing A&P II. FINALLY! I'm so thankful that once I finish the LPN to RN program and become an RN that when I go from RN to BSN I won't have to worry about any re-dos.
- Apr 20, '12 by RLtinkerMy current school has a ten year rule, but they don't seem to abide by it unless the class is a science class like AP or chem.
- Apr 20, '12 by LindaB73Ugh!! I had to retake statistics, college writing II and human growth and development. My sciences were fine but apparently a lot had changed in math and college writing.
- May 3, '12 by SSStillMay I ask, CT Pixie, WHERE you went to school? Was a CT CC program. I will be attending Bpt (BHSN) this fall. I may have 1 or 2 science classes that fall into this category. Does the "7 year rule" apply to when you BEGAN the program or when you GRADUATE? (i.e. must they be 7 or less when you start the program or when you finish?)
- May 3, '12 by aachavezSame here, all sciences had to be completed within 5 years prior to starting the program. Other stuff, like psychology, nutrition, English, etc transferred over.