- by kipchumba Jan 13, '04i am looking for information on "Tidaling" in relation to chest tube drainage.
all any info and references are welcome
- 7,324 Views
- Jan 13, '04 by mannaSorry, I have no idea, but since I see your from Birmingham I just had to say, I have a friend who's in nursing school at Samford!
- Jan 13, '04 by CarolanneFound these links with some interesting stuff, hope it's helpful!
- Jan 13, '04 by CPBI believe this is referring to the fluctuation of the level of water in the water seal chamber of the drainage system. When a patient inhales, the level moves up, when a patient exhales the level moves down. Somehow this prevents air from flowing back into the chest tube. Sorry I can't be more specific.
- Jan 14, '04 by kipchumbaThanks yo'all for info on tidaling. was very helpful.