Tb skin test and varicella titerRegister Today!
- by ThatGuyTom Jul 23, '07Turns out I need to have a recent TB skin test and a blood test to show that I am immune to varicella before entering my Nursing program and doing clinicals. My question is what if the results turned out to be positive? will I still be able to enter the program?
another question is how long does the blood test for varicella titer takes? I need it to be done in one week and was wondering how long the complete testing takes. I'm in the process of scheduling an appointment with my doctor.
THANKS IN ADVANCE! :spin:
- 59,264 Views
- Jul 23, '07 by NBMom1225I just had the same tests done...you go back to have the TB test checked 24-48 hrs after getting the injection, and the titer results only took 2-3 days to get back. If the TB ends up positive, it's my understanding that you then have a chest x-ray, I assume to look for active TB. If the titers come back negative for immunity, it's just a matter of getting a booster shot.:spin:
- Jul 23, '07 by ThatGuyTomHopefully the results of the TB test will be negative and the titer positive. Thanks for the help!
- Jul 23, '07 by Bonny619and you'll have to get tested every year as well being a nurse! Something to get used to.
- Aug 6, '07 by Bonny619That's what I meant.
- Aug 6, '07 by beth66335Well, I had chicken pox as a kid too, I guess I'm just not sticky enough...shoot!:angryfire I'm in the middle of my HepB series, I hope it takes the first time! The HepA is a good idea too!Quote from elisabethMy Varicella titer came back positive, so having chicken pox in second grade stuck.
My HepB titer came back negative, even though I've had the series, so I'm going to get it done again.
I'm also going to get the HepA series.
Better safe than sorry...
- Aug 6, '07 by miss arrondo you need a 1 step or 2 step TB test? if it's 2 step you'll need to have the second one 1 to 3 weeks after the first. as mentioned up, you get results in 48-72 hours depending on when you go back in.
varicella - i think i got mine in about 5 days?
i'm waiving the hep B vac for the time being - i'm still not sure about that one....
- Aug 6, '07 by Bonny619Hep B was required for us.