Tattoos and piercings - Page 5Register Today!
- Jun 19, '11 by SamJLaBQuote from Diary/DairyI would respect an accountant or executive who was pierced or inked. I don't know why, but people in suits seem disingenuous to me.Every place I have been employed as a nurse has had a dress policy that tattoos must be covered while at work... for professionalism... (you never see a tattooed accountant or executive, right?) I did not have them in school though.... I would ask your instructors what they want you to do.
- Jun 19, '11 by SunshineDaisyI think a man in suits with hidden tattoos is rather sexy...
- Jun 20, '11 by Twinmom06what about cultural nose piercings? In some middle eastern cultures isn't nose piercing a coming of age tradition or have a religious significance? I'm not well versed in the subject but I do recall seeing a large number of middle eastern women with a stud in their nose.
- Jun 20, '11 by william vaughnfor a hospital to state that you can not openly have tattoos is a cultural discrimination. By this I mean it is with in my subset of culture to express my self with skin art and there is nothing wrong with that. It does not say anything about my character except that I am a free thinker who is not governed by the view of the masses.
- Jun 20, '11 by butterfly134I know when I have clinicals in the hospital they are really strict and tbh probably for the best. We are allowed a little pair of stud earrings and that is all. My nursing student friend had a piercing at the top of her ear and she had to wear a band aid on her ear. She wouldnt take it out....can't remember why....maybe it was new enough and she didnt want the hole closing up. You could just ask a member of the staff when you start clinicals/nursing school. If I were you with the tatoo..i'd just wait to see what the rules are before covering it up and if they dont say anything, just wait til u are asked to cover it!
- Jun 20, '11 by That GuyQuote from SunshineDaisyWe had a bbq/slip n slide party here the other day after we all got off in the morning. I never EVER would have guessed some of these people had the artwork they had :redpinkheI think a man in suits with hidden tattoos is rather sexy...