Summer fun? ...sleep?! Relax?!Register Today!
- by staceym May 27, '12Summer is practically here! What will you be doing with your time off (if you are lucky enough to have summers off)?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=715044©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,466 Views
- May 27, '12 by ImKosherMight try to make it to the beach with my wife. Tent, check. Grill, check. Steaks, check. Corona, Check. Mission control we have a go.
- May 27, '12 by CinDRnycim doing a cna course at my community college that ends aug 1st. it is not too bad, tues is lecture, wednesday and thursday clinicals. i just applied to 2 bsn programs last week so i am supposed to hear an answer by june 1st. if i get in, i will take 1 course in the fall and hopefully work somewhere as a cna until my full load in the spring. i would love to take a trip to san diego but i'm pretty broke so oh well!
- May 27, '12 by SC4Nurse2BI was accepted into the ADN program and I have a lot of reading to do before day 1. My last day at my job is on Wednesday, going on vacation to my family in southern Illinois. Other then that, walking, yard work, and of course, all the reading. Have a great summer!
- May 27, '12 by Katie71275No summer off here...Im doing Psych Nursing this summer from May 31-Aug 10.
We have lecture on Tuesdays(8-12, some 8-3) and clinicals (7-3, 8-4) on Wed/Thurs.
On Mondays/Fridays, aside from studying, I will have all 4 children at home and we will spend our time at the pool more than likely
- May 27, '12 by staceymI haven't gotten my official acceptance letter but according to the unofficial rankings, I will start the program this fall. Goals for the summer: enjoy my wedding and honeymoon (St. Lucia baby!), get my house in order, run all i can, find a pool to read by and have plenty of sangria with my friends. I'm tempted to do something school related but I think the most I will do is look over my med term notecards. Time to soak it in
- May 27, '12 by SC4Nurse2BQuote from staceymCongrats on your upcoming big day!I haven't gotten my official acceptance letter but according to the unofficial rankings, I will start the program this fall. Goals for the summer: enjoy my wedding and honeymoon (St. Lucia baby!),
- May 27, '12 by staceymThanks Patti!
- May 27, '12 by learning as i goCongrats! Definitely enjoy your summer as much as possible. I just finished my first semester of 4 and I am so glad to have a break, even though I'm taking a 5-week ethics class. It should be cake compared to nursing school! I'm planning a day trip every week with my family - mini golfing one week, water park the next, the fair, hiking, etc. I have 3 kids and they are all out of school so I need to keep them busy or risk them bouncing off the walls! I'm hoping the husband and I can get a babysitter one weekend so we can go out of town together. Other than that, squeezing out every minute of laziness that I can. Come August, life will be craa-aazy again.
- May 27, '12 by 4everyouthfulI happened to choose a cc program not only because I had no choice because of my low undergrad gpa but I wanted my summers off to make studying not so overwhelming. Now, I work 3/4 days at a nail salon, I make about $350~$450, so I don't have to be debt ridden in addition to my undergrad loans I accrued. I start my clinicals in the fall so I consider this job as a clinical because it involves reacting to customers needs while i'm giving technical service. Then, during my other 3 days I work as a tutor in at the school teaching physiology and chemistry. I learned nursing involves alot of emphasis on communication, education in addition to caring and this was the perfect opportunity to enhance these skills as I motivate myself to get more in depth with the essential science courses. During my free time while I'm not working, I hit the gym to take classes in zumba, yoga, body sculpting, and cardio kickboxing. I like zumba especially because following new choreography each time helps build critical thinking skills, gives you endorphins from the cardio that's involved, and strength trains me for the vigorous work I have to do at the nail salon. I feel that I have more mental acuity. In my other spare times, I plan on looking for scholarships and start studying for my next nursing class and work on my business idea because I'd really like to buy dolce and gabbana. lol