Summer breakRegister Today!
- by firewifeRN Jun 27, '12Hey all SNs! I have finished first level and have been off for the summer until 2nd level in August and I feel like I am forgetting some things... main thing being nclex style questions. I have a summer job and am too tired during the week when I get off and on the weekends I clean my house and take my daughter to do things while we have the chance... Anyone else in the same boat??? Just venting!
- 1,158 Views
- Jul 1, '12 by shay&lynnQuote from firewifeRNHello!Hey all SNs! I have finished first level and have been off for the summer until 2nd level in August and I feel like I am forgetting some things... main thing being nclex style questions. I have a summer job and am too tired during the week when I get off and on the weekends I clean my house and take my daughter to do things while we have the chance... Anyone else in the same boat??? Just venting!
I actually started to take a summer class (Patho) but decided it would be best to take it in the fall...34 chapter in 8 weeks is a bit much for me!
I just found myself saying the same thing the other night...about forgetting some things. I like to keep my mind fresh by practicing NCLEX style questions. It was tough grasping them so I def don't want to forget! I have the Kaplan book that I have been reading and answering questions.
- Jul 1, '12 by PinkCupcakeI would try and enjoy your summer as much as possible. If you really want to study and go over NCLEX Qs then maybe once or twice a week for an hour or so or do them the week before classes start back up.
We have to go in the summer for our program. I'll have 17 days off before I go back in the fall and I won't be doing ANYTHING school related over my break. I need time to enjoy my family and do nothing for awhile LOL.
- Jul 2, '12 by decembergrad2011Enjoy your break. You will have plenty of time for questions. The time with your daughter is important. JMO!
- Jul 2, '12 by kaydensmom01I am in the same boat. I have finished 1st year and will start 2nd in August. I actually took summer psych, and am in the 3 wk break before starting maternity. Yes I feel that my skills are lost, and went to the lab for 1 day but felt so overwhelmed I left. I know that I need to study but really want and need to enjoy my break with my son. We only had 4 days off after Med-Surg before we started psych, and we have the 3 wks off before starting maternity and then will have 1 week off before starting Med-Surg II. I have trouble enjoying it b/c I am constantly worried about not knowing the skills like I should.
- Jul 5, '12 by Rainy Day MoodI say enjoy your break as much as you can, and spend time with your loved ones. I'm on summer break between first and second semester and that's what I'm doing.
I feel like all the stuff I learned is leaking out on my pillow as I sleep, so I'll probably start reviewing once or twice a week, but overall I say just try and relax.
- Jul 5, '12 by Abigail612I know how you feel I work part time as a CNA and I have two classes both requiring a lot of writing :P! Plus trying to keep up with life in general! Can't wait to be done with school and into my career!
- Jul 7, '12 by firewifeRNWell I ordered the Saunders NCLEX book so when it comes in I will be starting to review some.. Plus I need to start reviewing dosage calc before school starts because we have to make 100% on all out exams before and after each semester to move on...