- 0Mar 12, '08 by RNMom2010Ahhh a whole 10 days to do nothing school related! I just finished up my finals week (we go in 8 week mods) and came out with a B in pharm and if my figuring is correct, a B in fundamentals. So as of 9am this morning I am a free woman!!
What are everyone's plans for spring break?
I have to finish up wedding stuff (only 5 weeks till the big day), and I want to spend some time getting my house cleaned out as well as enjoy the nice weather with my dog, and possibly go ride my horse (I am so scared to get bucked off or fall because that would mean no clinicals therefore no NS!)
- 485 Views
- 0Mar 12, '08 by sneakymom2011I'm in the middle of my spring break.
We go in 8 week units too. The newest one started last Thursday, the day before Spring Break started. So I've been wading through 100 or so pages of pharmacology to try to catch up to what we were lectured on Thursday for 6 hours. And read what's due Monday.
And now that I've done that I'm going to try to get ahead and read what we need to know for next Tuesday's lecture. That's assessment.
I don't like the pharm book as much as I liked my fundamentals book. But, we use some of the chapters from the fundamentals book in pharm b/c there's chapters on it. Haven't looked at the assessment book yet, so I don't have a verdict as to whether or not I like it.
What else have I done this week? Dropped our 8 year old van off to get it's yearly state inspection. Haven't gotten it back yet. Don't even want to get it, it's going to cost $2500 to fix everything that needs to be fixed Dh is out of town this week, so I still have a car to drive around in.
And I had my yearly yesterday. Oh joy. And last night my 11 year old decided she was going to get sick. At least it's just a head cold. Couldn't send her into school today b/c she was running a low fever, and anything over 99 they call you to pick the child up. Plus, it's just no fun sitting in class feeling miserable. BTDT too many times. So along with cleaning the bathroom, I watched Narnia and Hairspray with her (the one that has Zac Effron in it).
- 0Mar 12, '08 by RNMom2010That doesn't sound like a very therapeutic spring break! I can't believe that they make you do homework during the break! Our instructors told us to stay OUT of the books and enjoy our time!! Sorry to hear your daughter is sick, that dang cold is running rampant! I took my Fundamentals final high as a kite on cold medicine! Wish someone would have told me about drinking coffee with cold medicine because phew I was rarin to go!
- 0Mar 13, '08 by sneakymom2011Quote from VistaGirlUgh, I know. I wish our spring break was different than the rest of the school. I had 1 day of class last week, then we went on spring break. It would have been better if the nursing dept had just let US have a break after our 1st 8 week class ended, since all the nursing classes had finals last Monday. But- they have to go along with the school's schedule, and spring break started on Monday.That doesn't sound like a very therapeutic spring break! I can't believe that they make you do homework during the break! Our instructors told us to stay OUT of the books and enjoy our time!! Sorry to hear your daughter is sick, that dang cold is running rampant! I took my Fundamentals final high as a kite on cold medicine! Wish someone would have told me about drinking coffee with cold medicine because phew I was rarin to go!
- 0Mar 16, '08 by Eeyore_fanToday is the last day of my spring break. Overall, it went alright. I went home to visit my parents (and my brother, SIL, and their puppy came to visit as well).
I had to bring home some of my school work with me because I have a Pharm exam in 3 days. I also finished a paper that is due on April 25th.
It was weird to not be studying all day long. I felt guilty sometimes when I went several hours without studying.
I think I balanced it pretty nicely in between spending time with family and studying. I'm thankful my family understands how rigorous nursing school is and how I have their support.
- 0Mar 16, '08 by MzKGoRNOur first official day of spring break starts tomorrow, but mine started thursday because I have clinicals and lecture on the same days tues and wed. we have a test 4 the first day back so i enjoyed thursday until today jsut sitting around. tomorrow i wil start to start to hit the books for the test and probably do some Hesi case studies since my exit Hesi exam is coming to fast.
so yeah what a spring break