Paying for my school this fall has become the most nauseating roller coaster I have ever been on, so excuse me while I vent about it.
I got accepted into an accelerated BSN program this February. I received a teeny weeny bit of loans from school and asked my school to notify me about "alternative financial opportunities", which basically means a stipend from a local hospital (who I want to work for anyway, so I don't mind a work committment). School told me the hospital would contact me "during spring quarter."
I contacted the hospital at the end of May, concerned that I had missed their contact since I had just moved. They told me they did not have the details finalized regarding the stipend program. I called them again in July and was told the same thing. Finally they got their stuff together August 1st. I got an application for the stipend on the 10th with a due date of the 16th for an application, essays, and 2 personal/professional references. Turned that in, and as of today I still haven't been called for an interview or anything.
Meanwhile, since the hospital was so slow in contacting me regarding opportunities, I took out an alternative loan. My dad needed to cosign it for me since I will not be employed full time during school, but he was dragging his feet because my stepmom does not think he should help me. So the process of turning in enrollment/income verification was delayed by about 5 days because dad kept putting off talking to stepmom about it. Everything was finally turned in on the 15th, only to find out we needed more documentation, which we got in on the 17th.
Meanwhile, my tuition was due today (the 20th). My loan will not be ready until at least Tuesday (the 22nd) and the hospital hasn't given me anything either. So dad sent me a check to cover 1/3 of my tuition so I could sign up for the installment plan through school, and I will pay him back once I get the loan check. I deposited the check on Friday and figured it would be available in my account by Saturday.
Well... the bank said that they don't consider Saturday a business day so the money will not be available until Monday or Tuesday. So I had to borrow my boyfriend's credit card to pay the 1/3 tuition and will pay him back once the money I borrowed from my dad clears and then I can pay dad back once I get the loan money.
Sooooo... I signed up for the installment plan yesterday, paid my 1/3 tuition plus an enrollment fee. I can see the payment went through on my account but the website doesn't show I am enrolled in the installment plan, which could be a bad thing. From my experience with other schools
, if they don't show I'm enrolled in the installment plan, they can cancel my enrollment.
I emailed the billing office right after I made the payment and explained what I did and what I saw, and asked them to please not cancel my enrollment. I also emailed the nursing program to explain the same thing and ask them to keep me in the program. I am calling the billing office at 8:00 tomorrow morning to once again ask them to keep my enrollment, but needless to say I am FREAKING out over the possibility of losing my enrollment because the website doesn't think I signed up for the installment plan.
My dad told me the other day, "God never closes one door without opening another, but it sure can be hell in the hallways." I hate that I had to borrow money from not only my dad but also my boyfriend only to possibly have not signed up for this payment plan right, which may jeopardize me going to nursing school
in 2 weeks. The uncertainty of all of this is driving me absolutely nuts, and the fact that I can't do anything about it until tomorrow isn't helping any.
Hopefully I will get out of this blasted hallway shortly, and I will like what I see through the newly opened door.