single mom. full time nursing student. full time job.. - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 3 by DezyI believe in you! I hope you will preserve and be a shining day of hope for all of us.I thi k you should try to document your school adventures and then some day share them with others.nthis will give you motivation as well.
- Jan 3 by atlnurse477I'm just like any other ordinary student when I enrolled and finish nursing so I salute all single moms who survived the nursing school..everybody knows how tough is it to finish the course!There's nothing impossible if we're determined to do so...A strong support system I guess would really be a great help!
- Jan 3 by migznmayraQuote from LauraashI'm feeling the same exact way as you are. I currently work full time and I would have to quit this job If I get accepted to the nursing program because they are not flexible at all her where i work. I'm married with 2 children and I'm feeling really nervous about quitting my ok paying job to go to school, have no income and run the risk of not getting a job after nursing school..... So frustrating and stressful!!!!Please just need some motivation. I just need to know that people do make it through nursing school as single moms. I have no doubt I will do it. But I can definitely feel the pressure that people think there's no way.
- Jan 3 by LauraashIM glad IM not the only one in the same position. I took a huge life changing decision and went part time at my job. Currently as full time I make 78$ too much a month to recieve govt assistance, so going to 4 days a week will benefit me for assistance. Still the scariest thing ever. I know I can do it, for I was given the biggest sign from above that this is what I'm supposed to do. But still scared....
- Jan 4 by Kaysmom8Quote from LauraashYou can do this!!! I didn't read through all the other posts but one thing I learned from another instructor was to involve your child if possible when studying, now I know this sounds crazy but my daughter is old enough to quiz me off of lab value note cards while i'm making dinner. We get to spend time together and dinner gets cooked lol. Also don't worry about it if your house is a mess because believe me it was a losing battle and in the beginning I wasn't used to my house looking like a tornado ripped through it but school came first. Good luck and keep positivePlease just need some motivation. I just need to know that people do make it through nursing school as single moms. I have no doubt I will do it. But I can definitely feel the pressure that people think there's no way.
- Jan 4 by yshell12You can do this! I'm a single mom of 12 and I made it. I graduated last month w/ my ADN. Best of luck to you.
- Jan 5 by thelittledoeGood luck to you! Although I do not have any children, I'm feeling overwhelmed and like this might not be the correct choice. I'm enrolling in an accelerated program (all four years of a BSN packed into 14 months) and I still have to work through it because I have no other source of income. You just have to put your mind to it and study while you can. Make study plans and make sure that every free minute you have, you are using it wisely. Remember, school is not forever, only temporary! Keep your sanity because that's irreplaceable!