Scholorship thank you letter...misspelled word!Register Today!
- by its_meee Aug 10, '12My school sent me a letter stating that I had received a scholorship, and that I needed to write a thank you letter to the scholorship donor. After writing the letter I was to send it back to my school and then they would send it on to the donor. I typed up the letter making sure that my grammar and spelling was correct and then I put it in the mail. Here is the problem... My school misspelled the name of the scholorship in the letter that they sent me, and when I wrote my thank you letter I used the spelling that they gave me! I realized that there was a spelling error after I was researching online about the scholorship. I called my school this morning and was told that it should'nt be an issue, but that they would make a note of it. Personally, I think this is a huge issue! If the donor decideds to not grant me the scholorship because of this error I will be so upset at my school! I would have caught the error if a common word was misspelled, but the word that was misspelled was the name Vivian...my school had it spelled Vivan on the letter.
- 1,610 Views
- Aug 10, '12 by nursel56Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but . it's scholarship. I'm sorry.
I sincerely doubt they would revoke your scholarship based on the missing "i". Yes, I know how important these details can be, but there isn't anything you can do about it now.
Just curious, is it normal to type thank you notes now? I'm an old dinosaur so I don't know.
- Aug 10, '12 by jjrodriguezI received a scholarship where I had to send a thank you letter, and it was definitely the real deal. It turned out, my donor was the CNO from of the local pediatric hospitals! It was very nice.
I highly doubt your scholarship will be revoked due to a spelling error. You can clarify in your letter about the error.
- Aug 10, '12 by its_meeeThank you for telling me that I spelled scholarship wrong! LOL I actually hate spelling errors...now I feel like a complete boob LOL
- Aug 10, '12 by nursel56Quote from its_meeehahaha, I really hesitated, too. Then I thought to myself, "hey, I think this girl can handle the truth"! :spin:Thank you for telling me that I spelled scholarship wrong! LOL I actually hate spelling errors...now I feel like a complete boob LOL
- Aug 10, '12 by kaydensmom01They are not going to take away your scholarship for a small error like that.
- Aug 10, '12 by wordsofmymouthI can't think a school would take away a scholarship for one misspelled word. Don't worry about!
- Aug 10, '12 by timmedicoShouldn't be an issue. I think the content will be of most importance, not the name of the scholarship being rewarded.
- Aug 13, '12 by Bloomgirl118This really should not be an issue. The letter tends to be a formality. The school requests them before they release the funds but the funds are already there and awarded to you. Yes, the person reading the letter may notice the mistake but it really will not have any bearing on you receiving the funds.
Congrats on the scholarship!