scared about starting school againRegister Today!
- by Ikno4sur Jun 2, '99I am planning on starting LPN classes soon for the second time. I am scared to death about it. I went and tried about 15 years ago to complete this course. At the time I was 24, single,with 3 small children. I thought that I could do it all.
Now I am 39, married, 5 children(ages 10-22). And more scared about it now then I was before. How will my family get by without me here ALL the time for them like I have been the past 13 years. This is a dream that I have had for years, to be able to get back into nursing school and FINISH. Part of me is ready to take this step and part says there is NO way that I can handle it.
I guess what I really need is someone to be there to give me the push and say that it CAN be done no matter what.
- 1,199 Views
- Jun 2, '99 by Miss RNCYes, you can do it. I also went through LPN school 8 years ago. I was married with a 3 year old son. It was hard, but I did it. I also completed my ASN 4 years ago with 2 children and I worked full time also. Everyone will just have to understand that you have been there for them and now you need them. It is not a lifetime change just a year of helping each other. I wish you the best. Go for it.....
- Jun 3, '99 by Ikno4surThank you SO much for the vote of confidence.
I called the school this morning and go in next Thursday for the entrance exam. I know that my kids will help the best they can. I am looking forward to doing for me now, besides still being here for them. I know that I CAN do this as long as I have my mind set. Please email me anytime I would love to talk to you a bit more about things. Thanks again for the confidence. Cindy
- Jun 3, '99 by TracyHi Cindy, I too have 5 kids and I am about to finish my BSN. You must remember that you are older and wiser than the last time you attempted this. You know yourself better and you have better coping skills than when you were 24. You also have a husband that will be there to take up the slack. You can do this. Realize that you cannot do as much as before, such as cookie chairman for the girl scouts etc. There will be times when you will have to choose your family over school and settle for a B when you wantes an A. Keep things in perspective and you will do fine.
- Jun 25, '99 by Ikno4surJust wanted you all to know that I got accepted into the LPN program at our area school. Classes start the 30th of August, I know that NOW I CAN do this.
thanks for the extra vote of confidence.
- Aug 2, '99 by NYMfanIkno4sur... returning to school was one of the hardest things i have ever done. It has been 6 years since i started my degree and i'm so glad that i decided to go back to finish it last year. Graduation is around the corner now and I'm almost a nurse. If i can do it, you can. I'm sure of it.
Good luck to you.
- Aug 12, '99 by KRHi there
I am in year number two of two for my associate degree in nursing. My main tip for nursing school is to Believe in Yourself!! No matter what, you can do it Feel free to email with any questions or if you would just like to talk. Kimberly Rush
- Aug 20, '99 by tinkertoysI am so glad to hear you're starting back to school!!! I went back to school(ADN program) after 18 years. My 4 kids ranged in age from 15 to 2. My husband was so supportive, as were my family and friends. Just remember, that this is a short-term commitment, with long-term benefits. You will feel such a sense of accomplishment!! Just remember that you can't do it all--- let your loved ones help you as much as they can, and share in your journey. GOOD LUCK!!!