The rolling backpack debate - Page 5Register Today!
- Sep 4, '12 by nurse2be13I'm 22 and I prefer wheeled backpacks. Go for it
- Sep 4, '12 by GiGi100I had made up my mind that I was not going to get one of those rolling bags...that was before I picked my book bundle up from the bookstore. I still tried to use a back pack with absolutely no success...my shoulder and back was killing me and I walked like a slug from my car to class. I ran to Walmart and purchased a rolling bag and let me tell you I don't regret it one bit. So much better.....can't remember why I disliked them in the first place. A few of my classmates have them and one of my teachers I noticed. My class consist of 20 somethings to 50+ in age and trust me, everyone is too busy with the work to pay attention to how you carry your books.
- Sep 4, '12 by tkg123Not only should you get a rolling bag (I had two) you should use it proudly! It will save your back in the long run. All of my instructors insisted we have one for that very reason. Of course there were the holdouts but by the end of the first semester, about 90% (young, older, male, and female) had rolling bags!
- Sep 7, '12 by alovelymotherQuote from Kran1990I bought a regular backpack and I keep a crate in my trunk because I figured I could switch the books out for each class. Two weeks in I have a Zuca on order that should arrive Monday!!! My back was mad at meThursday morning, my first day of nursing school, I was sure I would NEVER get a rolling backpack... Friday morning I was cruising around with my brand new roller.
- Sep 7, '12 by moonchild86I used a rolling bag once and switched back to my trusty backpack.. I found the rolling bag to be much more cumbersome than the backpack. Now I only bring what I know I will need for the day. My backpack weighs a ton, but it's better than fighting with the rolling one.
- Sep 7, '12 by carakristin1I read the title of this and was intrigued. "How could there be a DEBATE?" I thought. "Rolling backpacks are the BOMB!"
Haha, I am definitely pro-wheels. Get a cute one (Amazon has some awesome ones), and you'll probably start a trend. My rolling backpack is wonderful (despite the fact that I am *still* learning to drive it properly!), and it is saving my back in huge ways. Go for it!
- Sep 7, '12 by winterlights08I did go for it! I'm so happy I did, I'm really in love with it. I don't think most of my classmates pay me much attention anyway...we were waiting to go into class the other day, and one of the younger girls says "I'm going to get a wheelie bag and start a trend!" (as I was standing right near her with my bag ). Shows what people actually notice!
I got a boring black one though, I didn't want to be too obvious .
- Sep 8, '12 by elementguy13We don't have to bring text books to class. THANK GOD! Those things are huge.
- Sep 8, '12 by libby11they see me rollin'
I always roll up to school with my rolling backpack if I have to carry more than 1 book at a time. (we got them from school with nursing 'supplies & goodies,' which were mostly skills check-off materials
- Sep 9, '12 by StephalumpI don't bring my books to class, so I just have a shoulder bag for my notebooks. I probably will be investing in a rolling bag for clincals and studying other places than home, though. Since I'm in an integrated program our info comes from a combo of our books and I can't imagine trying to fit my fundamentals book into a regular backpack, much less throwing in med-surg and maternal/child.