Pre-Reqs Fall Schedule: Too much?Register Today!
This is a discussion on Pre-Reqs Fall Schedule: Too much? in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Hi all, I am just getting started in school and am starting my pre-reqs for the nursing program at...by From_nanny2nurse Aug 6, '11Hi all,
I am just getting started in school and am starting my pre-reqs for the nursing program at my CC. My boss teaches nursing at another local college and I was asking her about my schedule for the fall. She says it seems like it would be very difficult and I might want to cut a class or two. I also plan on working part time(like severing, hostess, etc) so what is everyone's opinion on this? Is it much? Do you think I need to cut a class? Im really determined to get all my prereqs done as soon as I can! Thanks!
Course Name Hours Time and Day
DEP2004 HUMAN DEVELOPMENT 3.0 T and Th from 5:30pm-6:45pm
MAT1033 INTERM ALGEBRA 3.0 T and Th from 11:35am-12:50pm
PSY2012 GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY 3.0 T and Th from 1:05pm-2:20pm
HUN1201 SCIENCE OF NUTR 3.0 ONLINE
ENC1101 COLLEGE COMP 3.0 (exp. sess. starts in oct.) M/W/F 11:15am-1:10pm
Is it too much? Is it doable? Please help!!:heartbeat
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=601689©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- Aug 6, '11 by NomijenEasy peasy. You will do great with those!!
- Aug 6, '11 by IUstudentyeah you should have no trouble!!
- Aug 6, '11 by zoey88seems like a pretty average schedule those courses can be pretty easy depending on the prof you get. you should have no problems with this schedule your Human Development and Psychology class will reinforce each other throughout the semester so its probably going to be a lot of repeated material between those two classes
- Aug 7, '11 by heavencutstma32you should be just fine.. i took:
anatomy & physiology 2
anatomy & physiology 2 lab
human development through the lifespan
AND worked full time
I passed with all A's!
- Aug 7, '11 by ErinRN2BPersonally, I don't think so. Those classes were very simple for me (although I never had to take a nutrition class). Good luck!
- Aug 7, '11 by From_nanny2nurseThanks everyone! I tried to make a easy semester out of them. I think I'm doing A&P 1 w/lab, medical term., college algebra, and something easier like possibly Italian 1(I'm getting my AA aswell) in the spring. Then in the summer a couple easy courses for my AA, possibly a humanities, and Italian 2. I orignally wanted to complete my prereqs in two semesters but i'd have to take A&P 1 now but I can't as all the classes are full. I think 3(I don't include summer) will be good though. Fall/spring/fall.
- Aug 7, '11 by GoldenDomer63That appears to be a pretty easy schedule...but be aware of English class as you will obviously doing a lot of writing more than you think you will. Also, I would recommend that you take Nutrition as the last of your nursing prerequisites. I say this because it touches upon a lot of different concepts that you will cover in biology, chemistry and A&P. If you haven't had any of those classes and are hearing these concepts for the first time, especially in an online environment...well, it could require a bit more work.