Pharmocology in the summer?Register Today!
- by BurlHarley May 26, '11Hello, I was recently accepted into the local nursing program. At my school they require you to take a nursing assessment and skills class before you enter the program. I will be taking this class this summer and they also allow the option of either taking pharm before you start the program or while your in the program Do you guys think I should take it in the summer with the skills class or during my first semester of ns even though the summer is a short semester and the workload will be allot I feel as if it still wont be as bad as once im in the program what do you think? Is pharm as hard as everyone says? Thanks
- 255 Views
- May 26, '11 by ImThatGuyThe skills come on pretty quick. You could gobble them down pretty easily. I guess health assessment would be as doable as anything in the summer. I took A&P I and II (actually A&P II then I) in a summer and did quite well. I'm sure pharm wouldn't be a problem. How many credits would it be?
- May 26, '11 by BurlHarleyThanks for the response assessment is 3 and pharm is 2 so originally i was thinking no problem but then I start reading all these threads about how hard pharm is and it got me thinking.
- May 26, '11 by ImThatGuyQuote from BurlHarleyMy pharm class was not hard. I wish it was because if it had been we'd have probably covered some of the things I wanted to cover but didn't. In fact, it was everyone else's favorite that semester. We did the math and went over units basically going over drug classes, indications for use, and common side effects. We didn't dig deep into pharmacology in the general sense of the word. It was a three hour course too. The assessment could be a lot of reading if you're a reader. They both could actually. Both would be doable in the summer, IMO.Thanks for the response assessment is 3 and pharm is 2 so originally i was thinking no problem but then I start reading all these threads about how hard pharm is and it got me thinking.
- May 26, '11 by misscherieI did pharm over summer and was so glad I did because I did find it hard and was glad I could focus solely on that. Then when I got to 'normal' classes, I could focus on all the nursing papers. Would recommend getting it out of the way if you can