Nursing school orientationRegister Today!
- by PurpleLover Nov 3I received my acceptance letter on 10/28 and I was beyond excited. Then the work kicked in, the background check which was super pricey and the urine test. Those two things are behind me. I even got three shots. The Tdap, Hep B and the flu. I apparently need a titer too for chicken pox cause no record of a vaccine. I did one PPD which was negative. I have to do the second one soon they make us do two step PPD's. Yeah, I had to vent about the prices before getting to the question, lol.
What should I expect at on Friday?
Oh, they have use taking the TEAS on 11/22 I am nervous about that even though the results will not affect kmy acceptance.
- 625 Views
- Nov 3 by lorirn2bOur orientation was just a basic overview of the program, and people could order scrubs if they hadn't yet. It wasn't much information that couldn't be found in the online handbook. Every program is different though. You can search for orientation threads on AN and see what people say.
- Nov 3 by lorirn2bI can also add that orientation did nothing to prepare me for the actual rigors of the program......
- Nov 3 by PurpleLoverThanks!
I figured that would be it. I have already read that information, maybe the excitement of reading it because I am actually a nursing student will make me not want to watch the clock.
- Nov 3 by ummnasimFirst off, Congrats! How long did you have to wait between you first round of PPD tests? We have to do the 2 step as well.
- Nov 3 by Mandy0728Quote from ummnasimI just did my 2-step ppd for my program and I had the test done on a Monday, had the results read in Wednesday, then had the 2nd test done the following Monday, & had the test read on Wednesday.First off, Congrats! How long did you have to wait between you first round of PPD tests? We have to do the 2 step as well.
- Nov 4 by classicdamegenerally speaking, the second PPD has to be done within two weeks of the first.
Orientation is really just a time to answer general questions like where you park, and the campus "rules", etc. It is a time for you to get used to your surroundings. Bring paper and pen and a smile and you will do fine.
- Nov 4 by mrsboots87Quote from ummnasimFor the 2 step you get the first injection and have the result read in between 48-72 hours later. The second injection needs to be done between 1-3 weeks from the first and read between 48-72 hours after as well. Your school will provide this info and if not, the facility administering the test will.First off, Congrats! How long did you have to wait between you first round of PPD tests? We have to do the 2 step as well.
- Nov 6 by lovenotwar14Seems like it moving fast for you. How long did you have to do all that stuff? the back ground amd the drug test fee? I am afraid that when I'm accepted I won't be able to afford these things right way