- 0Jun 30, '13 by layluhh14I am really looking for easy scholarships to apply for. I am taking out loans after loans which can be quite depressing at times!! Anyone have any suggestions? I have a 3.093 gpa in my nursing courses..
Hope y'all can help!! Thanks!!
- 4,272 Visits
- 1Jul 1, '13 by Shorty11I would contact the financial aid dept of your school and see if they have any suggestions. Search your school's website for links to reputable scholarships. I attend a BSN program at a public university in Texas. On my school's website, I found links to both a "General Scholarship Application Form" (which every student is eligible to apply for regardless of major) and a "Nursing Program Scholarship Application Form" (which is specifically for those accepted or already in the nursing program). I filled out both of these scholarships forms found on my school's website and hit the submit button. I was able to get several thousand dollars in scholarships (2 years in a row now!) just by filling out these two forms. See if your school has something similar.
I would be weary of just applying for any scholarship you find by googling. While many are real and reputable, there are a lot of scams out there just looking to get your information. Do a little research before applying to scholarships that are not directly associated with your school.
- 0Jul 1, '13 by layluhh14Good news!! I just received a $2000 dollar loan/scholarship. If I work in the State of MS for one year, it will convert to a scholarship. If not, it will be a loan!! So excited! I am definitely willing to do this because I can use all the money I can get. I hate loans. I even cry every now an then when I realize how much I have in loans!
- 0Jul 1, '13 by priorities2I definitely second applying to your School of Nursing's general scholarship app if it has one. This is the most likely way to get a scholarship. I got $4000 this way, added to a $3000 grant (for being poor, haha), I'm paying well under $8000 for school next year since it's in-state!
- 0Jul 1, '13 by LittleWhiteDressI am also trying to find scholarships at the moment. I also filled out a general form for my schools scholarships. And I just recently applied to a scholarship from a hospital. I really hope I get that one. I need scholarships. I don't want to be in super debt when I graduate nursing school, but if I have to then I have to.
- 1Jul 2, '13 by 203bravoQuote from layluhh14Congrats -- I'm using this program as well --- excellent program 1 year of working for a 4,000$ scholarshipGood news!! I just received a $2000 dollar loan/scholarship. If I work in the State of MS for one year, it will convert to a scholarship. If not, it will be a loan!! So excited! I am definitely willing to do this because I can use all the money I can get. I hate loans. I even cry every now an then when I realize how much I have in loans!
- 0Jul 3, '13 by CamwillI am telling you try your school, you may be surprised! I filled a scholarship app with my school I got $1000, the first semester and $6625 the second semester that has cover three semester and I will apply for one more to handle my last semester I hope you find something that helps you!!