New student looking for others :)Register Today!
This is a discussion on New student looking for others :) in General Nursing Student, part of Nursing Student ... Hey everyone! I am new to this site, I will be beginning an associates degree RN program at New...by Snozbery26 Jun 30, '10Hey everyone! I am new to this site, I will be beginning an associates degree RN program at New England Tech on July 19th. I couldn't be more excited! I have been wanting for this for years now, and I'm finally making the jump! I have been a highly skilled Vet Technician for almost 10 years and I feel like this is just a natural transition for me as I love patient care and dealing with families, and the medical field just makes sense to me. I am hoping to get some other new students, especially new student moms , to give me their insight on what the coming years will be like. I would love to have others to share my excitement (and nervousness) with!
I am a mommy to 2 year old Liam, a full time Vet Tech, full time Nursing Student, I've got alot on my plate. What about yours?! Lets compare notes
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=488850©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 851 Views
- Jun 30, '10 by TLH1999Congrats on your acceptance into NS. I will also be starting my first year of NS, but not until this fall...but am excited and nervous as well. I am also a mommy to a 4yr old boy (will be 5 in september) and work full time as a message center supervisor..so I can sympathize with how busy you are and how nuts it will be once school starts. It would be great to follow along with a fellow nursing student who has to work and be a mommy along with the demands we must meet through school. It will be a rough journey, and I am sure we will shed many tears along the way, but it will be very well worth it once we graduate.
- Jul 1, '10 by evajakI'll be starting in the fall as well. I have 3 boys aged 6, 3 and 20 months and we just started building a house that I am starting to think will not be done by the time I start school. Starting to panic a little about the idea of packing and moving in the middle of school! I have a mom friend who just finished her first semester and she is making me a little nervous about the program. Like myself she didn't struggle much through micro or A&P, and she said she thought people who complained about how hard nursing school was were just being crybabies, but her first week in school she said she felt like the crybaby! She also just ran into a friend from the program this week and felt like she wanted to throw up from the thought of having to go back in the fall. Not what I wanted to hear! But at least I can mentally prepare for the madness and not go into it thinking it's going to be one bit easy. But it's doable. She survived and I will too. I am just anxious to get started and see what it's really going to be like for me. Good luck! I'd love to hear how it's going for you after you start
- Jul 1, '10 by C-lionSo far it looks like I am in the minority here, not having any children, but I start NS at the end of August for my BSN. Hopefully I will be keeping my work schedule to right at 12 hours a week...doing massages and teaching Pilates. I am nervous but also excited!
- Jul 1, '10 by dollface6C-lion you are not alone! I too don't have any children and start NS at the end of August (the 25th). I work about 12 hours per week at a job that doesn't pay very well at all and is kind of aggravating, but I need the money coming in. I will be working that job and also a work-study position during the school year...I'm very worried about my finances! But I cannot wait to start the program! Good luck to all!
- Jul 1, '10 by CrunchyMamaHi and welcome to the site! Congrats on starting soon....it'll be a wild ride! I'm halfway through and doing micro and math in between nursing semesters right now. I have 2 young kids...6 1/2 and 3 1/2 years old. It's crazy but try to get as much help as possible and don't stop reading, except maybe to pee, lol. Good luck!
- Jul 1, '10 by reeta116Hi,
I am a single mother of 4 who will be starting a ASN nursing program in August. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. My mother and father are willing to take the kids until i finish school being that i have a 50 min drive but they live 7 hours away from me! I do not know what i plan to do. I want to keep my children with me,but my son has asthma and i am afraid of being an hour away when i am in school if he gets sick. This is a very exciting but stressful time for me at the same time. Not to mention that i just broke up with my boyfriend of 6 years!
- Jul 1, '10 by maryrayI'm starting July 7th. I have 3 boys, ages 9, 6 and 4, and am currently working part-time as a CNA after being at home with the kids for 5 years and helping my husband with his business.
Reeta116 - That's a rough situation! I hope the best for you!
- Oct 12, '12 by sgo1989Snozbery26,
I'm looking into NEIT, I called and they told me there were still open spots for January. What was your opinion of the school? What tests do you have to take to get admitted, and what scores do you need? Any other advice would be great! I'm going to the school next week to talk to an admissions officer, but trying to get information on my own...Thanks!
- Oct 12, '12 by nurseshonaHello. My name is shona. I am finally getting into NS. I am a Certified Medical Assistant in an Orthopedic office. I love people. I petition for clinicals in the spring.. cant wait! congrats everyone!