NELRP 2010Register Today!
- by sedietsch Sep 20, '09Hello Everyone,
I am going to apply for NELRP for 2010. I am getting married in June '10. I am wondering if when I apply, will they look at my debt to income ratio or that of me and my husbands combined income once we are married, since we are getting married in the middle of the application process. If anyone knows I would love to know. My debt to income ratio by my self is 268%, but much less with my fiances income added. Right now I live with my parents and am struggling to pay my loans.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=425437©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 44,615 Views
- I'm pretty sure you only provide your own verification of employment/salary and your student loan information, not your spouse's.
- Also, just curious, you applied for 2009, did you already get a denial letter? I couldnt' apply this year, but might be able to next year.
- Sep 21, '09 by sedietschNo, I didn't apply for 2009. I didn't think my hospital was a DSH, but it is, so I'm applying for '10.
- As soon as the application becomes available, start working on it! You may need to request information from your loan lenders that they'll take weeks to get to you, which can make it so you don't make the deadlines. They seem to make the application available on one day and make all entries due within a month of that date...it's a time consuming process. Also, you can't have any other obligations that involve money. For example, I relocated here and got a hefty sign on bonus and relocation paid in exchange for 18 months of service and that disqualified me.
- Sep 28, '09 by sedietschWhen does the application usually get posted for the new year?
- Sep 28, '09 by Reno1978January
Visit http://bhpr.hrsa.gov/nursing/loanrepay.htm to sign up for e-mail notification of when the application is released.
- Nov 11, '09 by Lita056Hi,
I had a few questions about NELRP. I graduated in may of 2009. I currently have 131,000 in student loans both private and federal. will NELRP consider private loans which were used for undergrad BSN purposes?
my income to student loan ratio is estimated at about 280-300%. could anyone share their ratio with me who has received the award? I hope to be a shoe in for the program, for if i don't receive it, ill be living at home until i'm 30 with no savings!!
hoping for the best
- Nov 12, '09 by Reno1978your loan documents have to specify they were for costs related to schooling (tuition, books, supplies). as long as that's the case, they should be considered.
they'll also only do loans that were during the dates you were enrolled in classes for a nursing degree, so if you have loans for schooling that is outside of that, they won't consider it.
- Dec 21, '09 by BariqI am glad I found this thread..... I just finifshed my program Dec. 2009.... I am in the process of waiting to take my boards... I have a few hosp in my area that fir the criteria CSF.. I hope that I will be considered also... because i have about 100, 000 in debt as well. Plus both of the facilities that I looked up in my area are in need of nurses. Anyway I will keep checking back at this thread for updates... in addition to The websites link that you posted... thanks ))